Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Adoption In Islam

• Adoption In Islam

Posted by Rafi Sheikh on January 3, 2021 at 5:54 pm

What adoption rules exist in Islam? My wife wants to adopt a new born of her brother whereas I am in favor of an orphan. My wife quotes me gram and na mehram and I am frustrated as I could not understand the human nature faith has this type of restriction. Plus to adopt a relative’s kid may cause issues (in my mind) which may not be mentally healthy for the kid.

Yet our prophet (PBUH) has placed such a high importance on taking care of orphans.

Kindly need some light as we are under a time restraint.

RMS

Rafi Sheikh replied 3 years, 3 months ago 6 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Adoption In Islam

Rafi Sheikh updated 3 years, 3 months ago 6 Members · 11 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator January 4, 2021 at 12:36 am

Quran says
    “Call them by [the names of] their fathers; it is more just in the sight of Allah . But if you do not know their fathers – then they are [still] your brothers in religion and those entrusted to you. And there is no blame upon you for that in which you have erred but [only for] what your hearts intended. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful”

[al-Ahzaab 33:5].

Adopted child linage has to be protected as rulings connected to breast-feeding, inheritance, mehram na mehram etc are important to Islam.

Kindly Refer to this video
    https://youtu.be/53Ypm6mvAHQ?t=35

• Ahsan

Moderator January 4, 2021 at 12:38 am

The proper word for adoption in Islam will be sponsoring a child

• Haris Virk

Moderator January 4, 2021 at 1:35 am

This video might also be helpful. Ghamidi sahab explains the foster relationships in-depth. Please refer to it from 36:21till the end.

https://youtu.be/ZZJgLGaK2wI

• Rafi Sheikh

Member January 4, 2021 at 10:57 am

Assalam O Alaikum

TY for the info. I will dive right in.

RMS

• Rafi Sheikh

Member January 10, 2021 at 6:56 pm

Assalam o Alaikum

میں معزرت چاھتا ھوں لیکن میں اور کنفیوز ھو گیا ھوں۔ ورک صاحب کی وڈیو میں رضاعت کے اصول اور منہ بولا رشتے کے اصول سامنے آے۔ لیکن یہ بات ابھی تک صاف نہیں ھوئ کہ یتیم نوزایدہ بچہ گود لیا جا سکتا ھے؟ محرم نا محرم کا مسلۂ بے )ورک صاحب کی وڈیو سے لگا کہ نہیں احتیاط کیجیے اور وراثت میں وصیت کر دیجیے لیکن کیا محرمُنہ محرم کا مسلۂ رھے گا؟

ایک بات اور کہ جو عورت حاملہ نہ ھو وہ کیسے دودھ پلانے

مجھ جیسے کند زھن لوگوں کیلیے کوئ آسان الفاظ میں اصول ھاں نا نہیں بیان ھو سکتے؟

واسلام

رفیع

• Haris Virk

Moderator January 11, 2021 at 5:27 am

Walaikum Salam!

رفی بھائی، غامدی صاحب نے بیان فرمایا ہے کہ آپ یتیم بچوں کو گود لے سکتے ہیں اور اس کا بڑا اجر یے۔ اگر ایسے بچے کو دودھ پلا دیا ہے تو پھر رضاعی تعلق قائم ہوگیا ہے اور اگر دودھ نہیں بھی پلایا تو بھی اس کے بارے میں محرم نا محرم کے وہ سوال پیدا نہیں ہونگے جو اجنبی بچوں کے لیے ہوتے ہیں۔ وہ بچہ آپ کے گھر میں پلا بھڑا ہے اور اس کے تمام حقوق ادا کیے جائیں گے۔

@faisalharoon please guide further.

• Afia Khan

Member January 11, 2021 at 12:25 pm

Breastfeeding without pregnancy is also possible with treatment.

• Rafi Sheikh

Member January 11, 2021 at 6:53 pm

اسلام و علیکم۔ بہت شکریہ آپ کے وقت اور مدد کا۔

واسلام

رفیع

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 11, 2021 at 8:50 pm

Here it is directly from Quran

https://youtu.be/kWfL0uK0RpE

• Umer

Moderator January 11, 2021 at 9:06 pm

To adopt a child is a very commendable thing to do. Islam does not prohibit adoption in any way. In this regard, two courses can be adopted:

a) To adopt a child during his suckling age so that he can drink the milk of the mother who has adopted him. In this case, the child will be her foster-son and there will be no difference between him and the mother’s real children in any manner. He will possess the same rights in all affairs (e.g inheritance) as the real children possess.

b) To adopt a child when he is past his suckling age. In this case, he will not be the legal or real son of the parents who have adopted him. When he grows up he must be told about his real parents. After disclosing the real parents, the new father can even add his name to the child’s name. The parents who have adopted him can of course address him as “son”. However, the child will not inherit their wealth after them, unless of course they make a will in his favour.

(Dr. Shehzad Saleem)

For Detailed lectures of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the following thread:

Discussion 29875

Summarized Video of Ghamidi Sahab:

https://youtu.be/53Ypm6mvAHQ

• Rafi Sheikh

Member January 15, 2021 at 6:35 am

Much thanks to breaking it down for me. JazakAllah. Appreciate you all and Assalam o Alaikum.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register