Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Universality Of Islam

Tagged: ,

• Universality Of Islam

Posted by Muhammad Usama Ashraf on January 4, 2021 at 6:10 pm

I am curious to know about the status of Islam as a religion in the East-Asia (China, Japan, Indonesia, etc) 1400 years ago. Since Holy Prophet p.b.u.h is the final messenger of Allah, then, was the message delivered to the empires of china at the time of the last prophet or even after his death? History tells us that the Khilafat-e-Rashida never went beyond Iran. And we cannot imagine that any prophet came to the lands in East-Asia. Then what can we say about those people? I can hardly imagine 1400 years ago, we had any source of communication as of today that we can make an assumption that the complete message or even a part of it was delivered.

If someone knows about it or can add to my knowledge, I will be grateful.

Thank you

Ahsan replied 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Universality Of Islam

Ahsan updated 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 5, 2021 at 7:38 pm

Why can’t you imagine that any prophets were sent to the East Asia? Just because we don’t know of any doesn’t meant that they didn’t exist.

• Muhammad Usama Ashraf

Member January 5, 2021 at 7:43 pm

I cannot imagine anyone being sent to East Asia after Prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h and I hope you agree with me. Maybe my question was not clear. I am asking about what happened during the time Prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h was sent to the land of Arab (around 1400 years ago) and what happened after his death until a few centuries while Islam was still spreading? Khilafat-e-Rashida did not go to China as per my knowledge. So what about the people of those times?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 5, 2021 at 7:59 pm

Of course, prophet Muhammad SAW was the final messenger of God, so no messengers were sent after him to anywhere. I’m not sure about after prophet Muhammad, but I found this mosque in China said to be 1300 years old.

Huaisheng Mosque | Wikipedia

• Muhammad Usama Ashraf

Member January 5, 2021 at 8:12 pm

It does say some Sahaba went to China within a few decades after the Muslim era. But it is not so evident. And not just China. What about even farther? Philipines, Japan, and Australia? What can we say about those areas?

Is it possible that during one of the Q/A session, someone can ask this question directly to Ghamidi sb? So that he can explain better and clear doubts?

• Ahsan

Moderator January 6, 2021 at 12:11 am

As Faisal sb replied, Islam was introduced as early as 1300 years ago. Not only this one there are others as well such as Mosque of Xian. it is also said that if ming dynasty would have stayed whole china would have been muslim. Hui chinese are indegionous people following Islam.
    Beside, any one can preach Islam if qualified. East asia was introcuced to Islam by mostly traders of Arabs and mystic so why there is a problem?

If you have intrest, I will suggest you to read these books
    1) Cambridge History of Islam The Indian Sub Continent Southeast Asia Africa and the Muslim West Volume 2 Part A
    https://libgen.me/item?id=475399&adblock=false

2)Islam and the Trade of Asia: A Colloquium
    http://libgen.gs/ads.php?md5=F77EDDA458C2FF6B307744B6D2C5FA25

3)Islam in Aisa
    http://libgen.gs/ads.php?md5=D16BFD918621F475C47E58D9043BE8B3

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register