Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Zakat Adjustment Against A Loan

Tagged: 

• Zakat Adjustment Against A Loan

Posted by Adnan Ahmed on January 6, 2021 at 9:06 am

Salam,

My relative requested me to land someone needy amount 150 K Rs for their son’s marriage expenses which they promise to pay me back in 3-4 months. after one and half years I dont see any recovery in sight(even 10% of the amount). The relative who requested me to provide money is suggesting to adjust this borrowing with my annual zakat amount partially or in full . Like I don’t give full zakat to charity instead keep some amount with me and release equivalent amount from the borrowing I did nearly 2 years ago. I know we can pay someone’s debt with our zakat money (i.e. it is one of the intended paying header) but can I do this with my zakat amount to my landed amount. seeking your kind words here.

Thanks

AA

Adnan Ahmed replied 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Zakat Adjustment Against A Loan

Adnan Ahmed updated 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 6, 2021 at 11:54 am

You can do an ijtihad in this regard to write off the loan of the borrower in lieu of the zakat currently due upon you. If the zakat due upon you is more than the borrowed amount then you can distribute the rest of your zakat in other prescribed manners.

• Adnan Ahmed

Member January 6, 2021 at 1:13 pm

Thanks Mr.Faisal for your valuable feedback. I am having same opinion as you written above.

In order to get some confidence is there some chance if we could ask same with ustad ghamidi sahab ? it will be great if he could shed some light on this.

• Umer

Moderator January 6, 2021 at 10:36 pm

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 1:09:14 to 1:10:28

https://youtu.be/kh-kRZP6g1U?t=4154

• Adnan Ahmed

Member January 7, 2021 at 12:36 am

Thanks…. jazakallah

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register