Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Cain & Abel Marriage To Sisters

• Cain & Abel Marriage To Sisters

Posted by Usama khan on January 10, 2021 at 4:55 am

Technically I have seen tons of mystic explanations on this ‘incest’ issue! I have summarized them below & will like someone to provide a concrete explanation:

– People who view Shariah (God’s commandments) changing from Prophet to Prophet

Cain & Abel were married to their daughters (born at different time of delivery). Major source given by Sunnis (incest was OK previously):

They also said that in every pregnancy, Adam was given a twin, a male and a female, and he used to give the female of one twin, to the male of the other twin, in marriage. Habil’s sister was not beautiful while Qabil’s sister was beautiful, resulting in Qabil wanting her for himself, instead of his brother. (From the Tafsir Ibn Kathir of Surah Al-Ma’idah)

– People who view Shariah is same & every Prophet came with same commandments (something that Quran specifically agrees to & purported by Ghamdi.sb)

Major source given by Shias (Cain & Abel never married):

Allah on a Thursday after Asr (afternoon time) sent a houri, Nazala and ordered Adam to marry Shith to her. Next day another houri, Mauzela was sent and Allah ordered that Yafith be married to her. (from the 6th Imam Jafar al-Sadiq)

– Technically above both are historical nuisances & we don’t have any answer; Quran is totally silent

sources:

https://islam.stackexchange.com/questions/8317/is-it-a-contradiction-that-adam-and-eves-kids-commited-incest-to-procreate-yet/16778#16778

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cain_and_Abel_in_Islam

Ahsan replied 3 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Cain & Abel Marriage To Sisters

Ahsan updated 3 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator January 10, 2021 at 5:07 am

Can you clearly state your question?
    Or if you want to know Ghamidi Sb point of view, you can chack this thread
    Discussion 38552

Chk Umair Sb post in this thread
    Discussion 11684

• Usama khan

Member January 10, 2021 at 5:44 am

My question is fairly straightforward. Out of the x3 possible answers (ha e given each basis as well) which one is right or even probable?

• Ahsan

Moderator January 10, 2021 at 7:31 am

Read the discussions I posted above. I believe Ghamidi sb understanding is much better than any opinion u posted

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register