Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Movies With “Gods” As Characters

Tagged: , ,

• Movies With “Gods” As Characters

Posted by Umair Ahmed on January 10, 2021 at 4:56 am

Assalam u Alaikum.I wanted to ask that is it ok to watch shows and seasons in which some satanic idea is shown or gods are shown in them.If we don’t believe in them and perform our daily obligations,is it ok if we watch them.Please tell me in terms of is it in realm of absolute prohibition? Or regarded as Minor Shirk?also please give me examples of minor shirk.

Thanks

Umair Ahmed replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Movies With “Gods” As Characters

Umair Ahmed updated 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator January 12, 2021 at 12:11 am

The actual prohibition is that of doing Shirk or having shirk as a belief system. However, Movies or Games containing any such motivations or explicit references to Polytheistic Acts should be avoided on sadd-e-zariya principle as constantly watching these things can make a person very lenient about severity of these things and it may lead one to get involved into such acts himself one day, because of lower threshold developed in a person with constant watching such acts. But no fatwa of absolute prohibition can be given in this regard, because absolute prohibitions are very explicitly mentioned in Quran.

There is no such thing as minor Shirk. There is Shirk and then there are certain types of polytheistic attitudes (‘Shirkiya Rawaiya‘) that have a reflection of Polytheism or may lead to Polytheism if one is being careless. The former is prohibited while the latter is also something one should be very sensitive about.

Please understand the underlying principle that Ghamidi Sahab is trying to portray here:

• Umer

Moderator January 12, 2021 at 12:11 am

For details on What is Shirk and What are ‘Shirkiya Rawaiyai’, please refer to following lectures:

Discussion 37171 • Reply 37172

• Umair Ahmed

Member January 14, 2021 at 12:16 am

Thanks Umer Bhai

The discussion "Movies With “Gods” As Characters" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now