Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Hadees / Riwayat On Paying Riba

Tagged: ,

• Hadees / Riwayat On Paying Riba

Posted by Hasham Choudhary on January 10, 2021 at 7:40 am

Aslaam o alikum!

I am a surgeon working in UK. I am a new follower of Sir Ghamidi, undoubtedly Allah almighty has blessed him with great knowledge and insight mashAllah.

I just came across your talk regarding “Sood”, from which I concluded that it’s ok according to Islam to get a house mortgage from conventional bank as you are getting a useable product. I have listened to your detailed talk on it as well and have read myself in quraan too that there is no mention of any penalty on the one who is paying Sood. I have also listened to your detailed explanation of the hadees of bukhari shareef which generated the concept that “Sood khilanay wala” is also wrong.

My question is that is there any other hadees / riwayat where prophet Muhammad PBUH has forbidden any person to pay riba? As we can see that there are a few ahadees where prophet has forbidden to take riba e.g where a man exchanged 2 low quality dates for one good quality etc.

I would appreciate if you could answer my question as I am planning to get a house for family. Only Islamic Bank here is Alrayan Bank whose interest rate is 4% where as if you get it from any conventional bank it could be as less and 1.5%. Moreover the process is way easier and smooth with conventional banks. I seek help and guidance from Allah almighty to take the correct decision but would appreciate your input to explore truth. Thanks. JazakAllah.

Hasham Choudhary replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register