Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions The Conquest Of Makkah

• The Conquest Of Makkah

Posted by Ali Ashraf on January 11, 2021 at 4:40 pm

Why prophet Mohammad conquered the land of Makkah when he came as Rahmatl’lil’alimen? Merciful.

We all know at times how war or the conquest gets so bloody and brutal.

I suppose Prophet would have never thought of killing anyone, then why he turned into a conquerer?

Nadeem Minhas replied 3 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • The Conquest Of Makkah

Nadeem Minhas updated 3 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • Nadeem Minhas

Member January 11, 2021 at 4:54 pm

Assalam-o-Alaikam. I am not a scholar, but here is my opinion. He was thrown out of his home from Mukkah and he just wanted to return to his ancestoral home and Kuffars won’t allow it without a war. Also Kuffars won’t even let him live in peace in Madina either. When fighting is imposed on you, a Muslim must fight. Also there was no killing outside of battlefield when Mukkah was conquered. No revenge was taken from Kuffars outside of battlefield.

• Afia Khan

Member January 11, 2021 at 7:44 pm

I think it is because of the law of itmam-e-hujjat. The people of the previous prophets, who rejected them were punished by natural disasters by Allah SWT. And the whole nations were destroyed under those Adhab illahi.

Qitaal fi Sabeel Allah (somehow called Jihaad now) was under the same law. It was the order of Allah. Our beloved Prophet MPH mostly fight defensively. Prophet’s defensive battles, like Badr, Uhud, Ahzab and Hunayn, were where the enemy launched an offensive against the Muslims. While battles like Khaybar, Mu‘tah or Tabuk, where the Muslim state was aware of the enemy’s plans of aggression, resulted in a need to strike pre-emptively as a form of defense. It is also because of Rehmah that not the whole nation was destroyed even after the conquest of Makkah.

• Ali Ashraf

Member January 12, 2021 at 12:48 am

Walikum Salam So Nadeem bhai is suggesting that Prophet fought for his ancestral home? This gives a vibe that prophet got people into the his personal fight.

There is one more thing: Quraish lost the war because they had to cut the throats of their own sons.

I have third prospect on this too, which i will mention if required.

My Question is still there!

• Ali Ashraf

Member January 12, 2021 at 1:07 am

I am not convinced with that arguments too,

I have a question didn’t the party of few people from Yatrib first raided the caravans of quraish?

As from an other prospective: A man came and suddenly he said am the chosen one and people got frustrated, He threatened the very being of Arab tribes.

As the argument continues, That guy(using just for argument) turned their sons against their fathers.

Makkah was trading city, their So called Gods were their so that people couldn’t make a violence which will affect their trade.

So what am saying is That guy affected the society of quarish so they acted abruptly.

• Ahsan

Moderator January 12, 2021 at 2:06 am

@Ali168 Can you share your perspective?

• Ali Ashraf

Member January 12, 2021 at 2:57 am

I just mentioned that, if you like i can explain it more

• Ahsan

Moderator January 12, 2021 at 3:13 am

Ok I got your point. I thought u have another perspective then that 1.

Yes, they raided carvans. The reasons are

1) Meccans keep plotting against muslims to be bansihed from Madina with the help of munafiqs and jews.
      2) Meccans were generally traders. While Mediniites were farmers. When meccans immigrated to medina, there would have been economical stress for Mediana people. TO ease the economical stress raids on Quraysh carvans were allowed. (Plausible reason not sure about it)
      3) In my opinion this might be actual reason, by raiding quraysh carvans, muslim meant to subdue their economic power so as to reduce their hostilities.

Historically, Prophet Mohammad Saw diidnt want to conquest Mecca at all in the first place. After Sulah Hudaibia, Meccans and their madni tribe breached the agreement and killed people of ally tribe . As per treaty, muslims had to reply for the aggression. That is the backgroung of Mecca conquest.

Despite this it was most peaceful conquest it could have been. Only few were killed because of their unmatched hostilities.

• Umer

Moderator January 12, 2021 at 4:16 am

Regarding Badar, please see:

Discussion 34985

Regarding Matters of Conquest of Mecca, Instead of assuming and speculating based on weak narrations, one should understand what the Proponent of raid according to you (i.e. The Prophet (sws)) has himself presented in the book which is account of the most credible information related to the Prophet (sws). This has been discussed at length under Itmam-e-Hujjah topic as to how Quran describes all these events and rationale behind them:

Discussion 37972

• Ali Ashraf

Member January 12, 2021 at 4:30 am

I got your point!

Quraish were plotting because Prophet Mohammad threatened the very beliefs of Arbs, so they reacted back on that.

So if its is right for Muslims to raid on the caravan and steal things than why Quraish can’t plot against the Muslim.

As we see both are trying to survive.

So the one can ask can a prophet turn himself into a conquerer?

As you said it was peaceful conquest, but it was still a conquest.

Then what is the point of being merciful?

• Ahsan

Moderator January 12, 2021 at 5:31 am

merciful to whom? To the idolators who provoke attacks on innocent people, break treaties, kick out their own relatives, banned to participate in any sort of economical activities. Hostilites of quraish didnt stop after immigration they keep plotting.
      Being merciful to these type of people mean being unjust, breaking your own treaty etc. Also, prophets are sent for ihtemam e hujjat too. You have to keep that in mind.

Prophet being conqurer depends from which perspective you see.
      Both are trying to survive depends on who perspective you see?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 12, 2021 at 9:11 am

Assalam-o-Alaikam Ali. Great discussion, but I am not getting the bottom line of your questioning. Please explain.

What prophet Muhammad started in Mukkah was spread of Islam. That only teaches peace, equality and belief in one God. The answer of Kuffars was extremely violent. If you are saying that introduction of concept of one god by our prophet threatened the Kuffars and it justifies them to torture peaceful people then that basis is very dangerous. This means anyone more powerful in this World can kill or torture any other peaceful person if his/her beliefs or peaceful activities threatens your beliefs or economic well beings.

Put yourself in the shoes of Muslims and see what you would do.

Islam is a peaceful religion, but we must fight against persecution and supression.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register