Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Concept Of Love In Islam

• Concept Of Love In Islam

Posted by Areej Sajid on January 13, 2021 at 11:11 am

What is actually love?i am confused.God made us in pair.We are naturally attracted towards oppostive sex.It this love?Then if it is not.then wanting someone by heart?is that love?Then comes love of us with creator?How it will be?And then with parents and siblings.We have to love all according to islam.But what does it actually mean?Please clearify this.

Umer replied 2 years, 9 months ago 6 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Concept Of Love In Islam

Umer updated 2 years, 9 months ago 6 Members · 18 Replies
  • Afia Khan

Member January 13, 2021 at 11:26 am

My addition to the question. There are so many folk love stories (Laila majnon, Romeo Juliet, etc) and we see a lot of these type of love affairs around us too. May be they are more common now because of the waswasas of media. Is there any Hadith or riwayat about these kind of love affairs?

• Fahad Iqbal

Member June 3, 2021 at 1:46 pm

We should express our love and affection openly in the society. not keep it a secret from the family, friends and the neighbors. Visible and overt relationships naturally follow ethics of religion and tradition as they are held accountable in the eyes of the society. Secrecy in a relationship and meeting behind closed doors is discouraged in islam. Because secrecy is very likely to cause a slip resulting in lustful behavior and fornication/adultery..

• Zuhair

Member January 13, 2021 at 11:37 am

I’ve personally believed that sexual attraction towards the opposite gender is natural and caused due to the changes in hormones. As we are made this way so it is not wrong.

Love in my opinion is just a thought or an alternative and illogical term given to attraction. Love in psychology results from a chemical in our brain called oxytocin and it is the warmth , sense of security and affiliation we get from our family so we say we love them.

To love a random person, for example I see a girl and get attracted towards her but I’ve not met her and spent time with her so obviously I can’t develop that sense of affiliation, warmth, care so there are only sexual feelings attached in this case. This is where people go wrong and consider it as something called love which is illogical in my opinion. People can differ from my views.

But this was a good question I’ve always wanted an islamic perspective on this topic from ghamidi sb.

• Areej Sajid

Member January 13, 2021 at 1:02 pm

You explained it well.Yeah i also want some elaboration on this point.I am confused on this.

• Umer

Moderator January 14, 2021 at 6:59 am

The feeling of love is not something very rare or unusual, rather it belongs to ‘ilm-o-aqal kai musalmaat’ which is something human beings can, for the most part, rightfully decide how to express it and what limits to observe. Islam doesn’t interfere in such matters except to the extent where some limits are bound to affect ‘Tazkiya’ of a person, the rest is left to a human’s intellect. In addition to general guidelines on Ethical Prohibitions given in Quran Surah Araf Verse 33, with respect to certain relationships like with parents and spouse, there are few pointers that have been told to be kept in mind A.K.A ‘the limits that need not be crossed’. Islam doesn’t impose unnecessary shackles on human beings whether it be to express your love for someone or other matters in life.

Since this topic is scattered over different domains of human’s religious, societal and familial relationships, I’ve tried to include all the related educational material of Ghamidi Sahab in the following videos, which either directly or indirectly, touches this topic of ‘Love’.

https://youtu.be/bYSvxlOGOc0

• Areej Sajid

Member May 31, 2021 at 11:58 pm

I saw these videos.But my question was is there any video of ghamidi shb elaborating thoroughly about love?

• Umer

• Umer

• Umer

• Umer

Moderator January 14, 2021 at 7:00 am

• Umer

• Umer

Please also refer to the following link:

Discussion 37854 • Reply 37856

• Umer

Please also refer to the video below from 12:47 to 13:39 and from 22:47 to 23:55

• Umer

Please also refer to the link below from 7:48 to 9:16

ilm-o-Hikmat 17-04-2016

• Umer

Moderator January 14, 2021 at 7:01 am

• Shabana Khan

Member June 3, 2021 at 12:07 pm

If in this duniya one boy is married to one girl only…and they both love and are satisfied…..than will it’s necessary that Allah will grant him 2 wife in jannat…??

As per one Shahih hadeeth all men will have 2 wife in jannat.

please reply

• Umer

Moderator June 5, 2021 at 12:41 am

Kindly share the appropriate reference and post it as a separate question by creating a new topic.

• Fahad Iqbal

Member June 3, 2021 at 1:38 pm

What is Love? It is an emotion. it’s a feeling. Its in basic human nature. Its a basic instinct. But above all its a word that reveals a connection. What matters is the connection the word “Love” implies. That connection may be Metaphysical(Allah) or physical( with another Human being) in nature. We will give anything to hold onto that connection. We will even sacrifice our own lives in that pursuit. Its a basic survival instinct.

We do not come in the world alone or in isolation or solitary confinement. We were born in a Mother’s womb. She carried us for nine months constantly in pain and suffering. This created the initial bond with Mother. When we opened our eyes we see our father and siblings. Hence more bonds/relationships/connections are created. When we become adults we become conscious of Allah talla and hence a new bond is established and so on..

Love is a natural human emotion. Human beings are emotional beings unlike Machines/Computers/Robots who can only evaluate logically. Human beings suffer from pain and misery in this world. To express human suffering Emotions are absolutely necessary. Love heals our pains and sufferings with time.. But we Human beings can also ethically and morally & intellectually control these emotions and create balance within our lives. We have been gifted by God with a moral sense. The differentiation between right and wrong. We Can judge ourselves and hold ourselves accountable by listening to this inner voice of Conscience(Zameer).

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register