Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Folding Of Jeans Permissible?

Tagged: ,

• Is Folding Of Jeans Permissible?

Posted by Zuhair on January 13, 2021 at 11:13 am

I watched this video I’ll not mention whose but he said by referring to some ahadith that one can not fold his jeans/shalwar etc above his ankles. Whereas I have a habit of folding it because it gets wet during wudu. Moreover, folding of sleeves is also prohibited according to him. What does ghamidi sb say on this? And please you explain yourself because sometimes the videos contain difficult Urdu vocabulary which is difficult to understand.

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Is Folding Of Jeans Permissible?

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator January 13, 2021 at 11:41 am

For difficult urdu words, you can refer to following link
    https://www.ghamidi.org/education/vocabulary/

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 14, 2021 at 6:57 pm

When quoting someone else please always share proper references.

In principle, other than the dietary restrictions whatever God has made haram falls in five broad categories. These categories are listed in the verse below. Unless I can understand on what basis someone might be making folding of jeans impermissible, I can only say that there might be some misunderstanding either on their part, or perhaps on your part in understanding them.

Quran 7:33

Translation by Asad

Say: “Verily, my Sustainer has forbidden only shameful deeds, be they open or secret, and [every kind of] sinning, and unjustified envy, and the ascribing of divinity to aught beside Him – since He has never bestowed any warrant therefor from on high and the attributing unto God of aught of which you have no knowledge.”

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register