Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Saying " قل " Before 4 Chapters.

Tagged: ,

• Saying " قل " Before 4 Chapters.

Posted by Lubna Syed on January 13, 2021 at 3:53 pm

Assalam o alaykum,

My question is why do we say “ قل” before last 4 surah, and specifically last two surahs which are kind of duas fir protection as well, if Allah Subhanaho wa ‘T’ala asking us to read that dua by saying “ qul”, so why we repeating that “ say”, why we shouldn’t start from “A’ooz” , would be very great if somebody can explain after discussing it with ghamidi sahab if possible.

Kind regards

JazakAllah khair

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 3 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Saying " قل " Before 4 Chapters.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 14, 2021 at 12:34 am

Quran is a narration of the events took place in the time of the prophet Muhammad PBUH. The surahs with Kul narrates that these were the instruction given to the prophet and we follow the same to benefit from it, after all they are recorded for our benefit.

• Lubna Syed

Member January 14, 2021 at 1:02 am

Thanks for reply. So should we read “qul” or Not if reading as dua for protection? Or can I start with A’ooz, skipping the word “Qul”, will that be OK? basically I wanted to ask that. If you can explain more please.

JazakAllah

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 14, 2021 at 6:09 am

you need not to change the word. it is as if your are asked to seek protection. however, in Dua you may skip the word make it look like a dua.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 16, 2021 at 11:06 pm

Sorry I don’t understand what you mean when you say ‘it is as you are asked to seek protection’? @Irfan76

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 18, 2021 at 9:35 am

it is just about feelings. when one comes to God to seek protection, he may feel that there is already a dua in which God asks him to ask for protection.

• Lubna Syed

Member January 16, 2021 at 9:44 pm

JazakAllah khair. Many thanks very satisfying answer.

( sorry for late reply)

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register