Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Is Hell Eternal?

• Is Hell Eternal?

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on January 13, 2021 at 6:29 pm

An-Naba’ 78:30

فَذُوقُواْ فَلَن نَّزِيدَكُمۡ إِلَّا عَذَابًا

Al-Ahzab – 33:65

Arabic

خَٰلِدِينَ فِيهَآ أَبَدًاۖ لَّا يَجِدُونَ وَلِيًّا وَلَا نَصِيرًا

Don’t these verses make it clear cut that hell will be eternal for some? 11:107-108 could simply be referring to a specific group of people

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Is Hell Eternal?

Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 15 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 14, 2021 at 12:15 am

We read the Quran in its totality. Some other verses indicate that God might not let the hell go eternal.

الَّذِينَ شَقُوا فَفِي النَّارِ لَهُمْ فِيهَا زَفِيرٌ وَشَهِيقٌ ﴿١٠٦﴾ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا مَا دَامَتِ السَّمَاوَاتُ وَالْأَرْضُ إِلَّا مَا شَاءَ رَبُّكَ ۚ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ فَعَّالٌ لِّمَا يُرِيدُ ﴿

If someone doesn’t ct upon his threat, it is not considered violation of his promise but an act of generosity and pardon. However the rejectors of truth won’t be able to enter the paradise as it is against the sense of justice .

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 14, 2021 at 3:34 am

Yes but the verses I gave are very clear that it is eternal. So there could be another reason for the verses in surah hud- like

Like giving hope to the believers

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 14, 2021 at 10:54 pm

There are verses where Allah says for both hell and heaven as for eternity and then also adds that except as Allah wills. But for heaven Allah promises, but for hell there is no promise but a threat. You may find some info in this video.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 15, 2021 at 3:31 am

Some are threats but some are just records of dialogues God has said to those people like verses i sent- or they are words hat would be said to the disbelievers on doj. So obviously they can’t be taken as false

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator January 14, 2021 at 11:34 pm
    • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 16, 2021 at 11:21 am

Yes but the aayaat I posted above seem to paint a diverse picture

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator January 16, 2021 at 11:25 am

“We read the Quran in its totality.” – like Irfan sb. suggested.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 16, 2021 at 11:27 am

Yes. And the totality has verses that suggest it is eternal- not warnings- but descriptive statements of people being in hell forever- and then one verse that says maybe it won’t last forever. I think that’s quite clear to show it is eternal for some people and maybe not for some others

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 18, 2021 at 1:15 pm

Ideas?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 18, 2021 at 1:38 pm

Heaven has a explicit promise and a statement that Allah doesn’t break his promise. The hell doesn’t has a promise that is why it is threat. But both has “as Allah wills” exit clause.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 18, 2021 at 1:40 pm

Quran has clearly made descriptive statements of what God will say to disbelievers and other ayahs in which it is said that they will abide in there forever.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 18, 2021 at 6:15 pm

Yes you are right. In almost all, and there are numerous, of ayahs, except one or two.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 18, 2021 at 6:17 pm

Yes. So it seems that 11:107-108 may be said for a different reason or is left open ended because not everyone will be there forever

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 18, 2021 at 6:21 pm

My father used to tell me that Muslims who will go to hell will eventually come out of it after they pay for their sins. Perhaps these ayahs are for them.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 18, 2021 at 6:22 pm

Maybe. But for some, hell is definitely eternal it seems

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register