Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Can We Read Atheist Books

• Can We Read Atheist Books

Posted by Arsalan Riaz on January 14, 2021 at 8:34 am

My question is can a muslim read books by atheists to understand their point of view even if it contains insensitive language against religion and God ? Many muslim scholars prohibit us to read such books. What are Ghamidi sahabs views about this issue ?

Nadeem Minhas replied 3 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Can We Read Atheist Books

• Ahsan

Moderator January 14, 2021 at 10:12 am

In my opinion, it depends for what purpose you are reading. If its to understand their point of view then there is no harm in it. You have to keep in mind that Atheist dont believe in God and consider religious people dumb. Thats why they are prone to use insensitive language. Eg Richard Dawkins book God Delusion.

Muslims scholars forbade it because generally common people dont have in depth knowledge of hikma in Quran o sunnah. Its easier to diverge from right path. The trick of such writers is they mix truth and fiction in such a way that its become difficult to differentiate between right wrong. Its quite evident from the book a breif history of mankind by Yuval Noah. It may confuse people and create doubts. You can easily find such people n youtube who are ex-mulsims now spreading lies or confusions.

• Arsalan Riaz

Member January 14, 2021 at 2:30 pm

I’m currently reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins and it has put some doubt in my mind regarding religion but i can understand where he’s being intellectually dishonest and mixing up facts with fiction or making logical fallacies. It’s right that a person with limited knowledge about religion and it’s history can easily fall prey to such propaganda.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 14, 2021 at 11:33 am

Assalam-o-Alaikam Arsalan. I am a memeber. Just sharing my experience. I think it is a great idea to understand others perspective, just make sure you understand Islam well and have read Quran with translation a few times and all your major questions are answered to your satisfaction before reading others. Without knowledge of your own religion, it is easier for others to convince you with an arguments that you may not have knowkedge to respond to.

• Arsalan Riaz

Member January 14, 2021 at 2:56 pm

Salam brother. I have read the Quran with translation and a little bit of hadith as well. I’m also reading the bible which sometimes make absolutely no sense. I know it has been corrupted and we cannot know exactly how much in it is the word of God. I have read most early islamic history as well to know how our own religion has been corrupted to a large extent. I think we’re lucky that the Quran has been preserved otherwise we would also be like judaism or christianity or even worse.

For last couple of years i’m following Ghamidi sahab and acquired the true understanding of islam. I’m pretty sure if i hadn’t been following Ghamidi sahab i would have left Islam by now and would have become an atheist because the traditional religious thought doesn’t make any sense to me.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 14, 2021 at 4:11 pm

Totally agree with you brother. I only read and understood Quran and that was sufficient for me to answer all my key questions. Hated religious scholars and never followed or listened much to anyone until Zakir Naik and Ghamidi Sahib. These are the only two I follow and I have seen thousands of their videos and translated some Ghamidi sahibs work. Although I mostly agree with the two scolars I mentioned, but still I do not entirely agree on everything…I guess that means I follow Ghamidi Sahibs guidance.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register