Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Breaking Off Ties With Relatives

• Breaking Off Ties With Relatives

Deleted User updated 2 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • Nadeem Minhas

Member January 14, 2021 at 10:01 pm

I am not a scholar. Based on my knowkedge try to reconciliate snd resolve the issues if possible. If that is not possible then instead of letting the matters get worse, it is better to avoid other party.

• Ahsan

Moderator January 18, 2021 at 9:57 am

In recent Q&A Session with Ghamidi Sahab on Questions selected from ASK GHAMIDI Platform:

For answer to your question, please refer to the video below from 1:29:30 to 1:31:54
    https://youtu.be/-WPrZ1u7O_4?t=5370

• Deleted User

Member June 30, 2021 at 4:41 pm

But if a person your own brother sexually harras your daughter when she is 13 or 14 how can we continue rasmi taluq with this kind of man dukh itna bara hai k dil nahi manta aur jurm bhi bht bara hai jis insan ko mehram rishty ki had bhi pta na ho mehramat ki pehchan na ho us say rasmi taluq bhi kese rakha jae???

• Ahsan

Moderator July 1, 2021 at 12:28 am

I cannot even imagine how horrifying experience it would have been. May Allah protect everyone.
      Here Ghamidi sb has said that you should take necessary precautions.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 1, 2021 at 12:31 am

Even a “rasmi taaluq” can vary in intensity. It doesn’t mean that you call them up to say salam every so often. It could simply mean that if they call you to say salam or run into you on the street and say salam that you respond to them. I can understand that it can be very difficult, however once we decide to uphold God’s injunction over our own hurts, God makes it easy for us.

• Deleted User

Member July 1, 2021 at 12:40 am

And what about khushi ghami main shirkat ?? I think in this circumstances this thing also not applied?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 1, 2021 at 12:46 am

It is subjective and there are no general laws in this regard. Ghamidi sahab’s advice is generic that applies to most situations. The key thing is not to completely break off ties. How it materializes with different people and in different situations can vary.

• Deleted User

Member July 1, 2021 at 12:50 am

Thanks 😊

The discussion "Breaking Off Ties With Relatives" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now