Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Jews And Camels

• Jews And Camels

Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Nadeem Minhas

Member January 15, 2021 at 10:25 pm

[6:144] Regarding the two kinds of camels, and the two kinds of cattle, say, “Is it the two males that He prohibited, or the two females, or the contents of the wombs of the two females? Were you witnesses when GOD decreed such prohibitions for you? Who is more evil than those who invent such lies and attribute them to GOD? They thus mislead the people without knowledge. GOD does not guide such evil people.”

[6:145] Say, “I do not find in the revelations given to me any food that is prohibited for any eater except: (1) carrion, (2) running blood, (3) the meat of pigs, for it is contaminated, and (4) the meat of animals blasphemously dedicated to other than GOD.” If one is forced (to eat these), without being deliberate or malicious, then your Lord is Forgiver, Most Merciful.

[6:146] For those who are Jewish we prohibited animals with undivided hoofs; and of the cattle and sheep we prohibited the fat, except that which is carried on their backs, or in the viscera, or mixed with bones. That was a retribution for their transgressions, and we are truthful.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 15, 2021 at 10:42 pm

Isn’t there a reference somewhere to the fact that Jews made camel haraam just because prophet Jacob عليه السلام didn’t like it?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 15, 2021 at 10:54 pm

I did not find anywhere that camel is haram for jews. According to the verses I provided earlier, only animals with undivided hoofs are haram for jews, in addition to other things mentioned in the verse. Camel doesn’t seem to be haram as it has devided hoofs.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 16, 2021 at 7:19 am

Yea the bible link I sent clears that up. Just wondering if it was an adulteration or not

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register