Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Hijab Mandatory During Prayer?

Tagged: 

• Is Hijab Mandatory During Prayer?

Ahsan updated 3 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 14 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator January 15, 2021 at 3:46 pm

According to this video, it not obligatory
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amf5_QyVYEA

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 15, 2021 at 4:37 pm

Ahsan already replied, but I would like to comment that having something required in prayer does not need to have a connection with what we do in our normal life. In prayer we are going in front of the greatest of all and we need to be clean, well dressed and look respectable…Just like if we are going, for example, to visit the president of a country, we would not go in shorts, t-shirt and slippers, but in normal life we do wear them.

• Ahsan

Moderator January 15, 2021 at 4:46 pm

You made a good point. If i look with this angle, my opinion is changed

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 15, 2021 at 4:48 pm

Yes but I’m talking about mandatory. Also I think a relationship with God transcends worldly clothing’s etc. I can talk to him however I am in whatever state- like the Quran mentioned people who remember God on their sides (laying down). We would never lay down in front of the president either

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 15, 2021 at 5:11 pm

Yes, I think looking respectable in front of Allah is mandatory, otherwise you do not respect him in your heart, not that he needs our respect. Just like going in front of a president, it is mandatory to obey certain dress code.

Let’s assume what you are saying is true, then Allah created and he is familiar with every aspect of our body. Does this mean it should be ok to pray naked?

Allah does not need our respect, but we need to respect him for our own good. When we respect someone we listen to that person and follow. And if we listen and follow Allah it makes us successful, not Allah. Allah is the greatest of all and still he only recommends minimal respect of clean clothes, clean body and clean place to pray…and even removes this requirement in case of difficulty. How many presidents in this World would allow you to visit them in just normal everyday clothes? Now I think respect is in heart but we express what we feel in our heart with our speech and actions. Although symbols of respect change with time, culture and location. I think a hundred year ago praying with a cap or hat in India would have been critical to show respect of Allah during prayer. Now hat or cap as a symbol of respect has gone from society. You got my point.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 15, 2021 at 5:12 pm

Yes but we’re not going to wear a clean suit with perfume etc every time we go to pray- like we would when we meet the president. Minimum clean clothes etc like you said. The scarf is not a symbol in western society anymore

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 15, 2021 at 5:21 pm

Yes exactly. Allah requires from us less than a rich or powerful person requires respect from us.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 15, 2021 at 5:27 pm

The scarf or hiding private parts is Allahs recommended standards of modesty and respect. Allah’s standards are fixed and not influenced by culture and nothing to do with standards in Western World. Another example… For respect based on culture you may switch your dress from Shalwar Kamiz, to full arabic gown to even pants for men when praying, but you will never be allowed to pray in a speedo no matter if the culture considers it respectful.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 15, 2021 at 5:15 pm

Also, there is a clear distiction between praying to Allah and remembering Allah. No requirement is needed in this World for certain dress when remembering a president either. A prayer is like formally going in front of Allah.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 15, 2021 at 5:16 pm

But 5 times a day that level of preparation is not acheivable. Especially in the mornings

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 15, 2021 at 5:33 pm

I am not clear. What prep are you mentioning? You mean just a clean dress and Wudhu for men and covering head and and chest additional for women?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 15, 2021 at 5:41 pm

Also if there is overwhelming difficulty for someone to prepare for prayer, Allah allows forgiveness in such case. People can do Tyumum, pray while walking or riding, if extremely sick, can pray just by pointing fingers, etc. The person need to decide him or herself what is an overwhelming difficulty…in my opinion each person’s standards will be different based on their belief, love for Allah and physical and mental tolerance.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 19, 2021 at 6:48 am

So is it fard or not? Aadaab are different to faraid

• Ahsan

Moderator January 24, 2021 at 3:38 am

Kindly refer to following thread for similar discussion.
    Discussion 30622

The discussion "Is Hijab Mandatory During Prayer?" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now