Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia 5 Or 50 Salat And Bani Israel

• 5 Or 50 Salat And Bani Israel

Posted by Muhammad Abdullah on January 16, 2021 at 8:31 am

Ghamidi shb, in an episode of answering M’iraj, read the detailed hadeeth of receiving 50 prayers from Allah and then down to 5. If he has his satisfaction on the chain and the content then the question arises that why Bani Israel were given only 5 prayers and us the 50? Also, if the deen of Allah i.e., salath, roza, zakat, qurbani etc has always been the same, then why this ummah had 50 salats written in Loh-e-Mahfooz?

I am unable to recall the specific video/podcast where Ghamidi sahb mentioned that Bani Israel were also given 5 prayers but they then started to join 2 and then over the time they kept on reducing the number of prayers to 1 or so.

Muhammad Abdullah replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Or 50 Salat And Bani Israel

Muhammad Abdullah updated 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • $ohail T@hir

Moderator January 16, 2021 at 10:50 am
    • Muhammad Abdullah

Member January 16, 2021 at 11:02 am

Jzk, @Sohail ! This is indeed quite helpful however, the original clause about the satisfaction on the authenticity of detailed hadeeth regarding m’iraj remains unanswered. If that hadeeth’s chain and content is seemingly authentic then the question arises that why would Allah write 50 salah for umat-e-Muhammadiya in his Loh-e-Mahfooz whereas if all the previous nations had had 5.

And if that hadeeth is questionable then why’d Ghamid shb use it in his answer to justify his views about m’iraj.

Thank you once again for referring to the response!

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator January 16, 2021 at 11:17 am

As I see it, Ghamidi sb. didnt base his opinion on any riwayat. His argument (Rooya) comes from Quran. To those (the other group) who like to believe it was a physical journey (and they source it from Rivayaats), Ghamidi sb. pointed out that narration ends by suggestion it was Rooya.

I hope that helps.

Re. 50 vs. 5. We know it has always been 5 (details in link posted above). What might be the reason for 50 prayers negotiated down to 5 as explained in Riwayat? If Riwayat is correct in all details (we will never know) then it could highlight importance of Namaz in Islam for a believer (my two cents).

• Muhammad Abdullah

Member January 16, 2021 at 11:31 am

Completely agreed with the reasoning of Rooya; that’s completely understandable and no question about that. In my understanding (and as you implied), Ghamidi shb uses riwaayats only as a secondary support (and not to base his arguments) but even in the secondary support, he takes the ones in which he has satisfaction in chain and in content. That’s why I was a bit puzzled about the 50 number when it was coming from him.

Your take regarding signifying the importance of salah is somewhat acceptable but, with due apologies, I wouldn’t find it convincingly enough since (according to hadeeth) Allah said, “ I have written 50 salahs in Loh-e-Mahfooz”. This goes a bit beyond than just signifying the importance and more of a decision.

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator January 16, 2021 at 11:37 am

Well its Riwayat! And its Rooya in a Riwayat!

Baki aap samajh daar hain 🙂

• Muhammad Abdullah

Member January 16, 2021 at 11:59 am

lol, that’s interesting.

Thank you so much 🙂

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register