Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Halal Meat

• Halal Meat

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on January 17, 2021 at 8:34 pm

So according to the Qur’an, these are the food laws: Eat that which God’s name has been pronounced. Do not eat dead animals, swine, blood (my understanding is ritual blood), animals killed violently, animals gored to death or which have fallen from a height, etc it’s not exhaustive, animals sacrificed to idols or false gods. Food from the people of the book is lawful. Eat the good things which I would say is everything except what has been forbidden. Nowhere does it say you cannot eat animals killed for the purpose of food which happens in the west because they’re not sacrificed to idols or false gods. Nor does it say slit their throat. There’s one reference to this but it’s regarding Hajj and that’s a ritual for Hajj to mark the story of Abraham and his son Ishmael where he was about to slaughter him, so we should commemorate by also slaughtering by slitting the throat.

How can we say that tayyibaat and kahabith is a specific term used by the arabs for the food they used to eat. It is just what they thought was pure/clean and not right? So they didn’t come across all the animals of the world. Isn’t it better to say that khabaith is actually all that what the Quran clearly prohibits as mentioned above?

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Halal Meat

Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 17, 2021 at 8:36 pm

Is the tayyibaat and kahabith based on what the arabs knew or the fitrah? What is the evidence for it to be firtah?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 17, 2021 at 8:52 pm

قُلْ لَا أَجِدُ فِي مَا أُوحِيَ إِلَيَّ مُحَرَّمًا عَلَى طَاعِمٍ يَطْعَمُهُ إِلَّا أَنْ يَكُونَ مَيْتَةً أَوْ دَمًا مَسْفُوحًا أَوْ لَحْمَ خِنزِيرٍ فَإِنَّهُ رِجْسٌ أَوْ فِسْقًا أُهِلَّ لِغَيْرِ اللَّهِ بِهِ فَمَنْ اضْطُرَّ غَيْرَ بَاغٍ وَلَا عَادٍ فَإِنَّ رَبَّكَ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ (١٤٥:٦)

This ayah makes it clear. Muhammad SAW had the Quran revealed upon him and all he finds haraam in it are the things mentioned

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 17, 2021 at 9:09 pm

I think @Farhan sahab’s view here is not too dissimilar to the Quranist’s. Maybe he could elaborate on my points. I think that Ghamidi sahab should also make an elaborate video on this

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 17, 2021 at 9:56 pm

I think you missed Sunnah. Stating the name of Allah and draining the blood of animal is perhaps Sunnah. Prophet was also there to explain the Quran

If you note that in Quran method of prayer and number of Rakah is not mentioned either. End of fast is said to be when dark outside, but we end fast at Maghrib. Also it is not very obvious what animals are halal. I always wondered if donkey is halal!

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 17, 2021 at 10:03 pm

Yes it is sunnah I guess. But what about the Quran right now? How do we know whether tayyibat refers to the quranic rulings of pure an dimpure or the iftrah? Because 6:145 is a blanket statement- only these 4/5 things are haraam in what has been revealed to Muhammad SAW. Now is this the Quran only, or the whole deen of islam including the fitrah?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 18, 2021 at 9:43 am
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 18, 2021 at 6:27 pm

Al-Ma’idah – 5:4

Arabic

يَسۡـَٔلُونَكَ مَاذَآ أُحِلَّ لَهُمْۖ قُلۡ أُحِلَّ لَكُمُ ٱلطَّيِّبَٰتُۙ وَمَا عَلَّمۡتُم مِّنَ ٱلۡجَوَارِحِ مُكَلِّبِينَ تُعَلِّمُونَهُنَّ مِمَّا عَلَّمَكُمُ ٱللَّهُۖ فَكُلُواْ مِمَّآ أَمۡسَكۡنَ عَلَيۡكُمۡ وَٱذۡكُرُواْ ٱسۡمَ ٱللَّهِ عَلَيۡهِۖ وَٱتَّقُواْ ٱللَّهَۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ سَرِيعُ ٱلۡحِسَابِ

When does this tasmiyyah have to be said? The Quran seems to leave it open ended and says just mention the name of God over it. Nowhere can I find it saying to mention the name whilst slaughtering.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register