Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Is There Any Difference Between Sleep And Death?

Tagged: ,

• Is There Any Difference Between Sleep And Death?

• Waleed Ahmad

Member January 18, 2021 at 11:43 pm

Brother can you share your understanding about above question? @AhmadShoaib

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 18, 2021 at 11:45 pm

Souls is taken during sleep but returned unlike in death. We don’t know the nature of the life of barzakh. It seems exceptionally righteous people will have reward started in grave, evil people will have punishment and middle people will be put to sleep.

• Waleed Ahmad

Member January 19, 2021 at 12:06 am

Does “the life of Barzakh” mean the situation after the real death? That is, “the life of Barzakh” cannot be likened to a dream that a person sees in his sleep?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 19, 2021 at 6:55 am

I think so. I think it’s from the mutashabihaat. Like in the Quran where it says the martyrs are alive but you know it not

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 24, 2021 at 9:43 am

I believe when we die, it might be like an unconscious person who has no sense of time or no dream. So when we die, perhaps the next day may be we wake up on the last day.

On the other hand, Quran talks about angels questioning some people in the grave. I am not sure it is all or some extremely bad people. Also, some people who medically died for 15 to 40 minutes, report memories of very realistic afterlife with amazingly good or extremely bad experiences…just like good or bad dream. But all reported witnessing actually leaving body, seeing themselves from the ceiling and attracted towards a very cool white light at the end of an extremely dark tunnel and they return back to body when white light tells them to return.

• Waleed Ahmad

Member January 24, 2021 at 11:42 am

Brother How we can say that they reports memories of afterlife.?

they were not dead even they were not dead medically because nowadays Doctors define death as “brain death” in simple words brain death can be defined as “irreversible cessation of all brain activities,including the brain stem”, But anyways I think still their Experiences can’t be likened to ” life of Barzakh”.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 24, 2021 at 12:47 pm

I agree with you. I am just sharing all the knowledge that is available out there. Anything is possible. We are not sure how to verify.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register