Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Established History

Tagged: ,

• Established History

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 20, 2021 at 7:03 pm

What kind of research or validation can be done on the concept of established history?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 20, 2021 at 7:04 pm

The concept itself- has it every been presented in any hypothesis in academia. I don’t think I have seen much western research on it

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 20, 2021 at 7:11 pm

That is what I am trying to ask. What would a research find out about established history? There is no way for I or you to deny that the World War I took place even though we did not see it happening. The historical record about it that we have today is itself based upon the already established fact that such a war took place. Similarly, no one can deny that there were Greek philosophers by the names of Plato and Aristotle, even though none of us ever saw them. Any historical record that we have today about them is also based upon the “established” fact that they existed.

What is there to research about the concept of established history? Established history refers to those historical events that cannot be refuted (i.e. they are established) because they were witnessed by a large body of people and then transmitted to us generation after generation by such a large number of people that it is inconceivable for them to be lies.

• Shahid Nazir

Member January 21, 2021 at 8:10 am

Ghamidi sahib consider established history is a source of knowledge،، did others academic scholor see it a source of knowledge?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 21, 2021 at 8:13 am

Please read my response above. Is there any way for any scholars to deny established history?

The discussion "Established History" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now