Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Zakat On Salary And Kids Welfare Amount

• Zakat On Salary And Kids Welfare Amount

Posted by Shoaib Javed on July 7, 2020 at 4:06 am

Salam o alaikum…

As per Ghamdi Saab the zakat for salaried person is 15 percent.

If I have a salary of 100000 per annum and I pay a tax of 30000 per annum. In addition to this I receive 8000 per annum tax free as Family benefits from Government for my kids. I have 10 tolas of gold and some savings…how I am gonna calculate my Zakat…

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years ago 6 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Zakat On Salary And Kids Welfare Amount

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years ago 6 Members · 14 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator July 7, 2020 at 4:29 am

Asslamualikum Shoaib sb.

See if this clarifies your confusion. Please do let us know in case of any confusion.

Here is law of zakah summarized:

You can calculate Zakah in the following manner:

1. Fix any one day of the year for the calculation of Zakah. On all subsequent years, Zakah should be calculated on this day.

2. Subtract the value of 642 grams of silver from your total wealth on this particular day which includes value of your jewelry not for personal use, value of other assets which are not of personal use (your personal house, jewelry for personal use and car are examples of assets in personal use).[1] & [2]

3. 2 1/2 % of this amount is the Zakah to which you are liable. In case you are a salaried person you should also pay 10 %[3] & [4] of your salary every time you receive it. You can deduct the amount the government has fixed as exemption to salaried persons and then pay the said percentage of the remaining amount as Zakah.

Remember, if it is not possible to pay your Zakah money in one go you can pay in installments as well.

4. Since Zakah is the only tax which a government can impose on its citizens, you can deduct other taxes that you have paid from your Zakah amount. If the balance is negative you do not have to pay Zakah.

[1] Nothing except the tools of production, personal items of daily use and a fixed quantity called nisab are exempt from zakah. It shall be collected annually on wealth of all sorts, livestock of all types and produce of all forms of every Muslim citizen who is liable to it.

[2] This nisab is as follows:

(a) Wealth: 5 uqiyahs / 642 grams of silver

(b) Produce: 5 wasaqs / 653 kilograms of dates

(c) Livestock: 5 camels, 30 cows, 40 goats

[3] If the basis of the Sunnah established in Zakah is taken into consideration, production of all forms based on various skills must be classified as produce and not as wealth; therefore, its rates and nisab should be those specified by the Prophet (sws) for land produce.

[4] Produce: (i) 5% : on all items which are produced by the interaction of both labor and capital, (ii) 10% on items which are produced such that the basic factor in producing them is either labor or capital and (iii) 20% in items which are produced neither as a result of capital nor labor but actually are a gift of God.

• Shoaib Javed

Member July 7, 2020 at 5:24 am

What about the welfare money I get from Goverment for my kids ?

Does I apply 10 percent on that…I get fix amount every fortnight for my kids from Govt.

• Umer

Moderator July 7, 2020 at 6:15 am

Since it is exempted by the state from tax, so there won’t be any Zakat on this amount.

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 7, 2020 at 6:56 am

Agree. IMO state would determine how much (Nisaab) of the welfare amount is taxable/Zakatable. On non-exempt amount, 20% would apply. If 100% is tax exempt then no Zakat applies.

• Umer

Moderator April 5, 2021 at 8:16 am

For answer by Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 1:14:42 to 1:15:42

https://youtu.be/NyN171MwbmM?t=4481

• Saiyed juned Alimiya

Member April 13, 2022 at 7:03 am

5 lack tak hamare yaha tax pay limit he, uske baad agar next year 1lack aapki income he to uspar 5℅tax dete he mean 5000 rs ab hamare paas next year ke liye capital carry fwd 595000 huyi, phir hamne 1lack profit kiya to ab zakaat lack deni padegi ya 695000 par deni hogi, mean yaha jis saal aapne jo profit banaya he us par hi tax lete he previous year ka jo bhi capital carry fwd huwa he usko consider nahi karte he, kya hum zakaat me ye usul ke mutabik kar sakte he

• Umer

Moderator April 13, 2022 at 4:05 pm

Agar aglay saal apki paidawar (earning/production) 5 lack sai upar hogi toh tab uspar paidawar ki zakat lagu hogi (5%, 10% ya 20% pai), jo amount 5 lac sai upar hai us par. Laikin maal ki zakat saal main aik dafa muqarrara tarikh main har saal saray maal par 2.5% par lagu hogi agar maal nisab sai upar hai toh.

• Saiyed juned Alimiya

Member April 13, 2022 at 10:53 pm

MMean agar mere pass 8 tola sona he us par mene is saal zakaat nikali, aadha tola par sahi he, uske baad 10 saal tak mere paas 8 tola sona rehta he, to kya ye aada tola sone par 10 year tak zakaat deni hogi??

• Saiyed juned Alimiya

Member April 14, 2022 at 6:20 am

AAgar is aadha tola sone par zakaat deni he to iski buniyad kya hogi, mean koi rivayat he ya sunnat samje??

• Saiyed juned Alimiya

Member April 14, 2022 at 11:39 pm

MMean mojuda tax ka jo nizaam he usase zakaat ka nizam alag he, mean mojuda tax ke nizam me every year jo income nayi aati he usm par tex deni hoti he,phir dobara is income ki tax deni hoti nahi he life time tak wo aapki capital ban jati he, jab ki zakaat me sirf jo nisaab he wo hi mustasna he,iske baad ki jo bhi he us par life time tak zakaat deni he, aesa samje

• Umer

Moderator April 15, 2022 at 7:31 am

ji maal ki zakat har saal ki aik muqarrara tarikh par saaray maal par dainee paray gi (zaati zarooriyat ki cheezain aur Nisab tak ka maal chor kai), aur jo paidawar ki zakat hai (earning/production) woh har saal jab bh paidawar hogi us par alag sai dainee paray gi.

Zakat kai qanoon ki tafseel neechay walay link main daikhain:

Discussion 58129 • Reply 58137

• Muzammal Nadeem

Member April 20, 2022 at 9:47 am

Aslam u alakum

If a person’s only source of income is a salary and he pays 10% zakat on that.. the remaining money is kept in bank or as gold or as a plot etc… now he has to pay another 2.5% zakat on this wealth again??

Thank you for clarifying..

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register