Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Reality Of Life Beyond Earth

Tagged: ,

• Reality Of Life Beyond Earth

Posted by Mubeen Fatima on January 25, 2021 at 10:24 pm

From Quran we know that there are 7 Earths, and as per my understanding Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh) is prophet for all living beings and we believe that he is the last prophet. My question is if life exists on those other 6 earths if and whenever discovered would it be the responsibility of the mankind on this earth to bring the message of Allah to those planets? What is the take of Quran on this and how and from which surah we can explain the phenomenon of life on those planets? And doesn’t it fall under our responsibility to reanalyze Quran based on the discoveries of the outer space and explain each phenomenon since Quran as we believe is the book of truth and details ehkam for every aspect of life?

I have asked multiple questions as they are of same kind and interlinked.

Nadeem Minhas replied 3 years, 3 months ago 6 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Reality Of Life Beyond Earth

Nadeem Minhas updated 3 years, 3 months ago 6 Members · 16 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator January 26, 2021 at 12:43 am

For understanding of 7 earth. Refer to this thread
    Discussion 38096

Can elaborate what you mean by reanalyze Quran based on discoveries?

• Mubeen Fatima

Member January 26, 2021 at 1:45 am

Reanalysis: the words in any language have multiple meanings depending on how it is used and how it is perceived. I am no expert of Arabic but the translation of quran I have read, each time when I read it, I get a different understanding though the words are same and everything is same but it does make different sense at various different places. So if we analyze quran keeping this particular aspect of life beyond this earth and our duty of spreading Deen in the universe, I consider that it may reveal answers or we might get a hint of it.

• Ahsan

Moderator January 26, 2021 at 3:07 am

Madarssa e farahi believes that the coherence in Quran allows only 1 interpretation. There is no need for reanalyzing based on discoveries.

• Afia Khan

Member January 26, 2021 at 9:44 am

Quran emphasizes tafakur and tadabur. How it is possible after tafakur and tadabur not to understand the same ayah in another angle. Quran wants us to solve its mysteries. Now with scientific discoveries we can reanalyze the Quranic terms differently I think.

• Ahsan

Moderator January 26, 2021 at 10:00 am

Kindly refer to this thread
      Discussion 1088

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 26, 2021 at 7:02 pm

I totally agree with you. It is Ghamidi Sahibs Teaching not to stop thinking and analyzing. Quran also asks for it at many places. A single word in Quran may have several meanings. Even within the context, dome meaings are positive, some negative. Within the positive or neutral meanings, many may be true with the passage of time and wit new scientific disvoveries.

For example, a translation of a verse states

[4:40] GOD does not inflict an atom’s weight of injustice. On the contrary, He multiplies the reward manifold for the righteous work, and grants from Him a great recompense.

Now 1400 years ago no one knew an atom, it must have been a particle of dust. Now many scholars translate as atoms weight. Perhaps that word now has atom as a meaning too. Anyone, please let me know if I am wrong.

Here are some translations

Chapter (4) sūrat l-nisāa (The Women)

Sahih International: Indeed, Allah does not do injustice, [even] as much as an atom’s weight; while if there is a good deed, He multiplies it and gives from Himself a great reward.

Pickthall: Lo! Allah wrongeth not even of the weight of an ant; and if there is a good deed, He will double it and will give (the doer) from His presence an immense reward.

Yusuf Ali: Allah is never unjust in the least degree: If there is any good (done), He doubleth it, and giveth from His own presence a great reward.

Shakir: Surely Allah does not do injustice to the weight of an atom, and if it is a good deed He multiplies it and gives from Himself a great reward.

Muhammad Sarwar: God does not do even an atom’s weight of injustice. A good deed is multiplied by God and richly rewarded.

Mohsin Khan: Surely! Allah wrongs not even of the weight of an atom (or a small ant), but if there is any good (done), He doubles it, and gives from Him a great reward.

Arberry: Surely God shall not wrong so much as the weight of an ant; and if it be a good deed He will double it, and give from Himself a mighty wage.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 26, 2021 at 7:14 pm

The Arabic word used is ذَرَّةٍ. It is used to refer to something like “the least bit”. The meaning of the verse was as crystal clear in the past as it now. However, with latest discoveries in science, the word atom perhaps is more relatable with the reader so the translators have taken the liberty to translate it as such.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 26, 2021 at 7:17 pm

Thanks Faisal. Couple of translations, translate as “ant” too. Is that incorrect?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 26, 2021 at 7:22 pm

As long as it communicates the meaning to the intended reader then I won’t categorically call it incorrect, but yes that’s probably not the most appropriate word.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 26, 2021 at 7:39 pm

I just checked Arabic dictionary and now a days an atom is called “Zarrah” in Arabic. Doesn’t it show that Quran is designed for humanity for all times and for a reason Allah used the perfect language of Arabic? As language evolves, it still fits with the new evolving meanings. Or should we stick with 1400 year old meaning only. If do, then when Allah says that Earth is egg shaped, it has to be like a chicken or bird egg…not Ostrich, fish or mammals’ egg. Then Quran may be incorrect now when we know Earth is almost a sphere.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 26, 2021 at 2:31 am

Prophet Muhammad SAW was a messenger for the humankind. Our job is to understand, accept, and spread the message of God only to our fellow humans.

Quran is very clear in it’s message. With time we might be able to get some deeper insights, however, there’s no reason to re-analyze the Quran.

• Mubeen Fatima

Member January 26, 2021 at 2:52 am

It is clearly said that prophet Muhammad pbuh is the prophet for all beings not just humans and the Deen is for all beings. And if we put this with the concept under discussion isn’t it clear that being His followers, it would be responsibility of Muslims in the future if those 6 earths are discovered to preach Deen to them and therefore we should have concrete research and material for the future generations in that matter?

• Arsalan Riaz

Member January 26, 2021 at 3:07 am

According to the scientific discoveries there may be millions of earth like planets revolving around sun like stars in our universe. So the probability of life elsewhere in the universe is very high. As far as I understand the prophets that Allah send in this world are only concerned about this earth. Moreover, Allah may have completely different scheme of things for creatures living on other planets ( if they exist).

• Ahsan

Moderator January 26, 2021 at 3:09 am

Quran has evidently has said again and again Prophet MOhammad saw was sent as a prophet to humans.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 26, 2021 at 9:19 am
  • Mubeen Fatima

Member January 26, 2021 at 9:33 am

JazakaAllah!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register