Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Why Ghamidi Sahab Is Against The Punishment Of Rajam?

• Why Ghamidi Sahab Is Against The Punishment Of Rajam?

Posted by Arsalan Riaz on January 26, 2021 at 1:17 am

Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas: ‘Umar said, “I am afraid that after a long time has passed, people may say, “We do not find the Verses of the Rajam (stoning to death) in the Holy Book,” and consequently they may go astray by leaving an obligation that Allah has revealed. Lo! I confirm that the penalty of Rajam be inflicted on him who commits illegal sexual intercourse, if he is already married and the crime is proved by witnesses or pregnancy or confession.” Sufyan added, “I have memorized this narration in this way.” ‘Umar added, “Surely Allah’s Apostle carried out the penalty of Rajam, and so did we after him.”
    — Sahih al-Bukhari, 8:82:816 see also Sahih Muslim, 17:4194

So the punishment of stoning is proved from the sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) then why do Ghamidi sahab reject this punishment in it’s entirety. It may not have been mentioned in the Quran but it is present in the sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh). According to Ghamidi sahab himself Quran and Sunnah both are authentic sources of Islam. Does he only reject this punishment because it seems too harsh in the modern world ?

Umer replied 10 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register