Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam How New Sects Are Created? Could There Be A New One Called Ghamidi?

Tagged: ,

• How New Sects Are Created? Could There Be A New One Called Ghamidi?

Posted by Nadeem Minhas on January 26, 2021 at 4:53 am

How new sects are created? Since Ghamidi Sahib’s thinking is quite different from most traditional scholars. Is it possible that soon Ghamidi Sahib’s followers will be labeled as belonging to Ghamidi sects? How this can be avoided?

Muhammad Jamil replied 3 years ago 6 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • How New Sects Are Created? Could There Be A New One Called Ghamidi?

Muhammad Jamil updated 3 years ago 6 Members · 15 Replies
  • Deleted User 4844

Member January 26, 2021 at 5:05 am

Sect and school of thought are two different terms islam doesn’t accept sect but school of thought ,sect like Christian ,jews they were muslims before beloved prophet muhammad saw ,and now a days those people who don’t follow basic of islam like true toheed and called other kafir or non believer that type of people make sect , ghamidi or other great scholar are totally different ,all great scholar little bit difference views or their follower that is no problem

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 26, 2021 at 5:16 am

Thank you for your response. In the World view Ghamidi Sahib’s views are quite different and people see his followers differently. Anyhow, I think we need to explore how sects come to existance first.

How did various sects in Muslims come to existance recently? Weren’t those school of thoughts at one time? Let’s analyze a few? I do not want to name them but there seems to be 10s of them in Pakistan.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 26, 2021 at 4:38 pm

No they were almost never one school of thought. Very soon after prophet Muhammad SAW’s demise, Khwarjites, Shiites, and Ahl-e-Sunnah divisions began to appear.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 26, 2021 at 4:33 pm

People who align with Ghamidi sahab’s religious thought are already known to be the adherents of the Farahi school of thought. There’s no harm in it. However, some people use other terms such as Ghamidiyat in a derogatory way, and of course that’s not right. It is exactly that kind of behavior which begins to create opposing factions in religion.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 26, 2021 at 4:48 pm

What are some practical and potentially effective ideas to avoid formation of sects and divisions in Islam?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 26, 2021 at 6:50 pm

If by avoiding formation of sects you mean avoiding formation of different religious thoughts, then unfortunately that can’t be avoided. While God’s message is clear in itself, it still has to be understood by humans. And we know that humans are prone to judgement errors, sometimes due to lack of knowledge and at other times due to lack of the required amount of contemplation.

What can, however, be avoided is that people having hatred towards adherents of other schools of thought, marginalizing them, or considering them as “others”. That can take place by educating people on how disagreements can actually be very healthy in the domain of knowledge.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm

Thanks for your answer Faisal. From your answer it sounds like Islam has no sects, but only different school of thoughts. Does that mean only Jews and Christians are sects as stated in Quran and none else. So, Shixx, Ahle xxxxx, and others are just school of thoughts; not sects? Please educate me. What is a definition of a sect in Islam?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 26, 2021 at 7:20 pm

The terms sect and school of thought are used interchangeably. Again, as I stated in my response below, it’s the purpose of categorization that really matters.

Discussion 41640 • Reply 41762

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 26, 2021 at 7:27 pm

What did Allah prohibit in Quran, when Quran talks about sects does it talk about hating other school of thought and that constitute a sect? If that is the definition of sect, the sect is a relative term and sects may or may not exist in Islam. Please help clarify.

• Ahsan

Moderator January 31, 2021 at 2:44 am

In recent Q&A Session with Ghamidi Sahab on Questions selected from ASK GHAMIDI Platform:

For answer to your question, please refer to the video below from 52:50 to 1:04:43 and 1:10:15 to 1:14:57
    https://youtu.be/rVVROBfZgC4?t=3170

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 1, 2021 at 6:42 pm

Thank you Ahsan. I did not see referenced video earlier. I am so impressed that this question was asked to Ghamidi Sahib. I will now summarize what he said in a paragraph as a definition of Sect for my understanding.

“A sect in Islam is a school of thought intollerant towards one or more other schools of thoughts where the academic differences are taken out of research realm and sacrilegious judgement are issued creating division and conflict between group of Muslim”

• Ahsan

Moderator February 2, 2021 at 1:11 am

I just posted the link. Inititall screening of question is done by Faisal Sb later by Illyas Sb

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor February 2, 2021 at 10:02 am

I think we’d need a more snazzy name than just Ghamidi anyway.

Like Fantastical Farahis or Golden Ghamidis 😂

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 2, 2021 at 10:05 am

😂😂😂

• Muhammad Jamil

Member March 23, 2021 at 2:36 am

I think Hanfi, Maliki, Shafii, Hambli, Farahi all school of thoughts are not sects but have difference of opinion regarding jurisprudential and some other matters not fundamentally disturbing the basic beliefs.

What can constitute a Sect is difference in fundamental belief and pillars of Islam. For instance shia has fundamental differences as regard of beliefs and other jurisprudential matters. Likewise, Moetzilla, Khawarij, etc. BUT, Qadianiat is not the sect because they don’t embrace the clear proof of Khatim hence, as per Fiq, they are Zindeeq. Wallah o Alam

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register