Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Reading Quran Visually During Mandatory Prayers

Tagged: ,

• Reading Quran Visually During Mandatory Prayers

Posted by Mohammad Khalid on January 30, 2021 at 5:19 pm

Most of the non Arabic speaking people do not remember more than 10/12 Quranic verses and they don’t understand meaning as well.

Is it permissible to hold Quran or a Quranic verse written on a piece of paper or cell phone and read Quran with translation during mandatory prayers?

Nadeem Minhas replied 3 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Reading Quran Visually During Mandatory Prayers

Nadeem Minhas updated 3 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 30, 2021 at 10:29 pm

Yes. It is not prohibited.

• Mohammad Khalid

Member February 1, 2021 at 3:24 pm

Thank you Shehzad Sb. for prompt response. Much appreciated.

If it is permissible to hold written verses in hand during prayers, I am wondering why our scholars don’t emphasize or encourage Muslims for this approach during prayers rather than reciting same memorized verses repeatedly

I am 68 years old and to date I haven’t heard anyone advocating this approach (including Ghamdi Sb ).

Don’t you think it will be highly beneficial for non Arabic speaking Muslims who are in majority?

Regards

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 1, 2021 at 4:35 pm

Great idea. Perhaps it could be written in big letters on a posterboard placed in front to read visually. After several times, it may be possible to remember it.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 2, 2021 at 8:51 pm

Yes. They should know . However translation should be personal and not as part of Quran. Not all people need translation, nor do all agree on one translation etc.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 2, 2021 at 8:55 pm

I agree Irfan bhai. I think prayer should be performed in Arabic with understanding of general meaning. Although most of the translations are exactly the same with slightly different choice of words that do not change the inherent meaning of the verse.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register