Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Civil Wars Among The Companions Of The Prophet

Tagged: ,

• Civil Wars Among The Companions Of The Prophet

Posted by Haris Virk on January 31, 2021 at 1:52 am

The companions of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh are known for their piety, fear of God and steadfastness. They are our ideals and role models. But why did they engage in civil wars amongst themselves? They could have resolved their issues in a peaceful manner without shedding blood, but instead we see wars between Hazrat Ali RA, Umul Momineen Syeda Ayesha RA and Hazrat Ameer Muawia RA, to name a few.

Fatima replied 2 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Civil Wars Among The Companions Of The Prophet

Fatima updated 2 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 12 Replies
  • Nadeem Minhas

Member February 2, 2021 at 6:23 pm

I agree. The people we think were the specimens of perfection were actually humans like us. If we follow Allah’s guidance from Quran regarding infighting between Muslims and penalty for killing, it is unimaginable how they could possibly fight with each other. First killing any other person is a severe crime and on top of it killing another innocent Muslim doesn’t seem forgiveable offence, except as Allah wills..

So, why infighting and killing right after Prophet’s death. The Quran’s guidance is to resolve everything peacefully and only if one group aggresses against another group of Muslims all other groups should join together to fight against agressing group to stop.

I am not a historian, but was this the cases you mentioned. If so, fighting was justified, otherwise not.

• Haris Virk

Moderator February 3, 2021 at 4:44 am

What I was trying to process is the fact that the Holy Prophet laid so much emphasis on love, peace and unity, and to restrain from infighting and killing. True, that they too were humans just like us. But they were so close to the Prophet and had directly learnt everything from him. It is just very difficult to digest that even then, they could dare to fight one another because each of them thought that their cause was just. I do not doubt their intent at all. I am sure each of them wished only the best but ends do not justify means.

Now that I have given it a lot of thought, perhaps, the only explanation is, as you pointed out, that they were humans at the end of the day. Even with the best of intents, they could have erred in their judgment, might have gotten into misunderstandings and so on. And herein lies the message for all of us, that none but the Prophets are free of errors, and that nobody from amongst our great scholars, jurists, and so on should be given that sacred status. It is only the Quran and the guidance of the Holy Prophet which should be upheld and followed in all circumstances, without any ifs and buts.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 3, 2021 at 5:14 am

Haris brother, all prophets were humans and they made mistakes. Even our prophet was a human and made mistake, but Allah guided and corrected him many times. There are a few examples mentioned in Quran.

———-

[9:42] If there were a quick material gain, and a short journey, they would have followed you. But the striving is just too much for them. They will swear by GOD: “If we could, we would have mobilized with you.” They thus hurt themselves, and GOD knows that they are liars.

[9:43] GOD has pardoned you: why did you give them permission (to stay behind), before you could distinguish those who are truthful from the liars?

[13:37] We revealed these laws in Arabic, and if you ever acquiesce to their wishes, after this knowledge has come to you, you will have no ally, nor a protector, against GOD.

[17:73] They almost diverted you from the revelations we have given you. They wanted you to fabricate something else, in order to consider you a friend.

[17:74] If it were not that we strengthened you, you almost leaned towards them just a little bit.

[17:75] Had you done that, we would have doubled the retribution for you in this life, and after death, and you would have found no one to help you against us.

[20:114] Most Exalted is GOD, the only true King. Do not rush into uttering the Quran before it is revealed to you, and say, “My Lord, increase my knowledge.”

[33:37] Recall that you said to the one who was blessed by GOD, and blessed by you, “Keep your wife and reverence GOD,” and you hid inside yourself what GOD wished to proclaim. Thus, you feared the people, when you were supposed to fear only GOD. When Zeid was completely through with his wife, we had you marry her, in order to establish the precedent that a man may marry the divorced wife of his adopted son. GOD’s commands shall be done.

[48:1] We have bestowed upon you (O Messenger) a great victory.

[48:2] Whereby GOD forgives your past sins, as well as future sins, and perfects His blessings upon you, and guides you in a straight path.

[48:25] It is they who disbelieved and barred you from the Sacred Masjid, and even prevented your offerings from reaching their destination. There were believing men and women (within the enemy camp) whom you did not know, and you were about to hurt them, unknowingly. GOD thus admits into His mercy whomever He wills. If they persist, He will requite those among them who disbelieve with a painful retribution.

[66:1] O you prophet, why do you prohibit what GOD has made lawful for you, just to please your wives? GOD is Forgiver, Merciful.

[66:2] GOD has decreed for you the laws dealing with your oaths. GOD is your Lord, and He is the Omniscient, Most Wise.

[66:3] The prophet had trusted some of his wives with a certain statement, then one of them spread it, and GOD let him know about it. He then informed his wife of part of the issue, and disregarded part. She asked him, “Who informed you of this?” He said, “I was informed by the Omniscient, Most Cognizant.”

[80:1] He (Muhammad) frowned and turned away.

[80:2] When the blind man came to him.

[80:3] How do you know? He may purify himself.

[80:4] Or he may take heed, and benefit from the message.

[80:5] As for the rich man.

[80:6] You gave him your attention.

[80:7] Even though you could not guarantee his salvation.

[80:8] The one who came to you eagerly.

[80:9] And is really reverent.

[80:10] You ignored him.

• Haris Virk

Moderator February 3, 2021 at 5:32 am

No doubt, they were humans. But what I meant was that they have extraordinary control over their inner lures. They do not wrong wilfully or succumb to their desires knowingly.

• Ahsan

Moderator April 10, 2021 at 2:41 pm

In recent Q&A Session with Ghamidi Sahab on Questions selected from ASK GHAMIDI Platform:

For answer to your question, please refer to the video below from 1:00:34 to 1:05:25

• Fatima

Member April 10, 2021 at 10:56 pm

assalamalaikum haris bhai,agar aap chahe to is subject pe engineer ali mirza sahab ko sunsakty hai unho ne hadees ki roshni me kafi kuch clear kiya hai.main is subject pe unke sath hon or vo janab ghamidi sahab ke shagird bhi rahe hai.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 10, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Clarification: Engineer Muhammad Ali Mirza has never been a formal student of Ghamidi sahab.

• Fatima

Member April 10, 2021 at 11:36 pm
  • Fatima

Member April 10, 2021 at 11:46 pm

faisal bhai hamne aisa isliye kaha kyunki ali sahab khud apne ko ghamdi sahab ka student manty hai or unse bht kuch seekha hai ikhtelaaf bhi karty hai, lakin vo koi masla nahi hai jistarja se janab ghamidi sahab apne ustad ameen sahab se ikhtelaaf karty hai, phir bhi unki bht izzat karty hai,ham bhi ghamidi sahab ko bht pasad karty hai aap janty hai,lakin kuch cheezo me ikhtelaaf bhi hai to kya ham ghamidi sahab ke student nahi hue. faisal bhai agar aapko takleef hue to dil se maafi chahty hai

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 10, 2021 at 11:59 pm

Nahi sister – bilkul koi problem nahi.

Since this is a public forum, I had to clarify it so that others don’t get any wrong information. My comment wasn’t meant for any other purpose. Anyone is free to learn from anyone and that’s why I used the term “formal student”. I hope that you understand.

• Fatima

Member April 11, 2021 at 12:19 am

ok,hamne aapse bhi seekha hai or is waqt bhi aap ne seekh di,jazakallah for your humbless😊

• Fatima

Member April 11, 2021 at 11:59 pm

my mistake * humbleness

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register