Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Contradiction In Quran Regarding Merciful God And Eternal Hell

Tagged: ,

• Contradiction In Quran Regarding Merciful God And Eternal Hell

• Sheikh Ghayasuddin

Member February 7, 2021 at 5:06 am

I don’t know. I’d like to know.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 7, 2021 at 7:57 am

Please search the following on youtube and watch some videos from Dr. Zakir Naik and you will have all your questions answered.

zakir naik contradiction in quran

I am pretty sure Ghsmidi Sahib would have many videos on this topic too.

I normally ask people questioning such things about what religion they belong to. If they answer anything but atheist or agnostic and they are not sincerely into finding the truth and merely asking to argue or put Islam down, I do not answer their question. I just walk away. Normally it is just waste of time.

This is because no other religion even has an authentic book, let alone scientifically correct or without clear contradictions.

Now if they genuinely want to know, then I explain how there is no contradiction in Quran. It is simply their lack of knowledge and command of Arabic language.

To my understanding, generally speaking, merciful is Allah to those who ask for mercey from him. And eternal hell may or may not happen as Allah promised heaven, but did not promise hell…just a threat that may or may not happen depending on his will.

• Waleed Ahmad

Member February 7, 2021 at 11:35 am

Brother you mentioned two points as the causes for the Questions that are often raised by genuine seekers. You first point is correct that lack of knowledge can cause these problems but I think lack of understanding the Arabic language isn’t the necessary cause of those Questions. Because People in middle east are also facing these problems.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 7, 2021 at 12:58 pm

Waleed Bhai, the questions from genuine seekers is my and everyone’s honor to answer. I was talking about people who are just spewing hatred for Islam and just trying every which way to prove it wrong…without any knowledge too.

Ragarding Arabic people, my wife is arab and I was shocked to know that even educated Arabs only understand 50% of Quran meaning because it is written in formal arabic that they do not speak regularly. Also they are not experts in language so they do not understand root of words and multiple meanings unless they learn formal Quran’s Arabic like us.

Anyhow, I am hoping a scholar would soon answer the original queation and share Ghamidi Sahib’s perspective. I do not wish to hijack the persons original post. Hopefully we are keeping the post alive and on top of the list this way.

• Shahinul Islam

Member February 7, 2021 at 1:26 pm

I feel the explanation by Zakir Naik lacks certain depth when he talks about Quran and Hadiths. I know there can never be any contradiction in Quran. My query is if there are perceived contradiction in light of the video link I have provided.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 7, 2021 at 1:33 pm

I have not seen the video you posted, but I have seen many similar ones. Based on my study of Quran, if someone reads it generally, there may seem to be a few contradiction, but if someone reads it carefully most it, if not all, become clear.

• Sheikh Ghayasuddin

Member February 7, 2021 at 8:02 am

I’d like to know Ghamidi Sahibs explanation on this topic.

• Shahinul Islam

Member February 7, 2021 at 1:15 pm

So do I, thank you. I believe no one understands the Quran better than Ghamidhi Saab in current times.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 7, 2021 at 7:26 pm

First of all, Ibn-e-Taimiya didn’t call this a contradiction in the Quran as the video above seems to suggest. This kind of philosophical debates have existed forever, and many scholars have analyzed such matters. To understand Quran’s perspective, please refer to the following video:

https://youtu.be/6rzTcruILwU

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register