Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Future Possibilities And Islam

Tagged: ,

• Future Possibilities And Islam

Posted by Muhammad Wasif on February 8, 2021 at 2:38 am

Kindly do give attention to this post. I came across a website and video that have mathematical and scientific calculations to predict your future. It’s not horoscope or anything like that. It’s a calculated chart that shows how your future will be. Which days are better for you which aren’t.. what does Islam say about it. Is there any harm if I follow that. Also if it’s not haram. But still it will make me check my chart everyday and decide things accordingly so does it make me believe in shirk. Like I will just follow chart and don’t ask from Allah for help etc.. the video for such thing is below. Do watch it and clear my confusion

https://thebiorhythm.com/vsl2/?hop=ideapods&vendor=biorhythm

Ahsan replied 3 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Future Possibilities And Islam

Ahsan updated 3 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 13 Replies
  • Muhammad Wasif

Member February 8, 2021 at 2:42 am

#Biorhythms are based on the idea that a person’s life is on a cycle, with peaks and troughs. Using mathematical formulas, people can calculate and graph their cycles, thus determining good days (peaks) and bad days (troughs).

• Ahsan

Moderator February 8, 2021 at 3:09 am

With a quick search on internet, I realised that biorythm is pseudoscience not actual science. I will consider it under same heading as astrology. Kindly refer to following thread for it
    Discussion 33573

• Muhammad Wasif

Member February 8, 2021 at 3:47 am

Yes I agree it’s pseudoscience but it’s different from astrology and thousands of people are getting benefit from it. However just clarify me that it’s prohibited in Islam or can it be used for our benefit. Ghamidi sb explained that its sad e zariya but in another video he said it’s related to guesses and it should be within limits. So if we use it as a guess only can we benefit from it. Asking this for clarification as Ghamidi sb say when in doubt consult some knowledgeable people.

• Ahsan

Moderator February 8, 2021 at 5:52 am

People are taking benefit from Astrology and palmistry too. This is a flawed argument in my opinion.
      Check video in Umer Qureshi’s response, it discuss the principle I hope it will help you to decide.

• Muhammad Wasif

Member February 8, 2021 at 5:58 am

I have gone through it. But I just want to clear my confusion that following such things is prohibited under sad e zariya or it can be opted if we take it in a guess sense not follow it blindly.

• Ahsan

Moderator February 8, 2021 at 6:43 am

As per videos, you can benefit from them, if you dont blindly follow it.

• Muhammad Wasif

Member February 8, 2021 at 6:44 am

Thanks i got my confusion clear now. We can but we should avoid it cause it takes us to shirk as we will start believing it and focusing it more than the God

• Ahsan

Moderator February 8, 2021 at 6:57 am

Exactly

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 8, 2021 at 9:33 am

I would only add that a Muslim who is consciously aware of God always makes any serious decisions based on knowledge. He would be sensitive enough to never follow such things because the danger of falling prey to falsehood and myths is much greater than any perceived benefit.

• Muhammad Wasif

Member February 8, 2021 at 1:50 pm

Yes I understand that. I would never like to benefit from such thing. but the fact that I was asking because I wanted to know the proper understanding of issue. So that it helps us convey proper knowledge. We should know that what is clearly haraam and what is sad e zariya and what is allowed in Islam. So that we don’t cross limit while addressing any issue. E.g saying sad e zariya as haraam and saying haraam as halaal. Doing this causes great damage to repute of religion.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 8, 2021 at 2:07 pm

I understand.

However, sadd-e-zariya is not to be confused with direct prohibition by God or not. Even God makes certain things impermissible as preventive measures, e.g. alcohol, or starring at people of the opposite gender.

• ودود

Member February 8, 2021 at 10:53 pm

What is wrong in trying to predict future either through science or pseudoscience or astrology or even simply gut feelings — we do it all the time to plan our day, week and year.

How is it related to shirk?

what sin it is categorized under 7:33?

• Ahsan

Moderator February 9, 2021 at 2:03 am

Kindly listen to videos in the thread posted above.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register