Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Consuming Food That Is Halal Originally But Has Been Offered On Altar

Tagged: , , ,

• Consuming Food That Is Halal Originally But Has Been Offered On Altar

Posted by Hosain Monir on February 13, 2021 at 11:24 pm

As Salam Aleikum

I live in a Buddhist majority country, people in here offer food like fruit, cookies and meat etc. in their temples as a part of their prayers. Of course meat is not halal but other food items are.

My question is that can a Muslim knowingly consume that food (except for the meat)?

Thank you.

Hosain Monir replied 3 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Consuming Food That Is Halal Originally But Has Been Offered On Altar

Hosain Monir updated 3 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 13, 2021 at 11:38 pm

Quran verse 2:173 categorically prohibits consumption of anything over which a name other than God’s has been invoked.

Please also refer to the video below from 1:16:14 to 1:17:44 for response by Ghamidi sahab to a similar question:

• Hosain Monir

Member February 14, 2021 at 1:53 am

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Urdu translation of the verse 2:173 goes like following:

اُس نے تو بس تمہارے لئے مردار، خون،سور کا گوشت اور غیر اللہ کے نام کے ذبيحہ کو حرام ٹھہرایا ہے۔ اِس پر بھی جو مجبور ہو جاےاور وہ خواہشمند اور حد سے آگے بڑھنے والا نہ ہو تو اُس کے لیے کوی گناہ نہی۔ اللہ بخشنے والا اور رحم فرمانے والا ہے

(Translation: Amin Ahsan Islamic in Islam 360)

I hope I’m not coming down like I want to eat or accept that food but I really wish that the answer is a little more, for lack of a better word, convincing. The translation is not saying anything that our Most Respectful J A Ghamidi is saying. I must say that I don’t have access to Imam Islahi’s or Ghamidi’s tafseers or any other book discussing the same.

Thanks.

(P.S. A SUGGESTION: THIS APP SHOULD HAVE A WAY TO EITHER PASTE THINGS OR ATTACH PICTURES/LINKS. IT IS NOT VERY CONVENIENT TO TYPE IN URDU.)

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 14, 2021 at 2:06 am

Please explicitly state what is that you don’t understand.

The app allows both copy/paste as well as attachment of images. Besides if you have any app suggestions, please either create a new post or PM any moderator.

For future reference, please note that the use of all caps words (unless abbreviated) is considered rude in the internet culture.

• Ahsan

Moderator February 14, 2021 at 3:33 am

Faisal sb, i just got one confusion, the ayah says about zabih. Does it mean vegetable and fruits are ok to eat?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 14, 2021 at 11:19 am

No. Zabiha is only used in the translation keeping in mind the context which is talking about meat. The prohibition is for all food items.

• Ahsan

Moderator February 14, 2021 at 11:55 am

Thanks for clarification

• Hosain Monir

Member February 14, 2021 at 6:27 pm

I apologize for offending you or anyone with the capitalization of letters. It was never my intention.

I still can’t find the paste option as in ‘copy and paste’ in this app on iOS device.

Never mind the question.

Thank you for your replies.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register