Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Keeping A Puppy Dog In The House

• Keeping A Puppy Dog In The House

Posted by Mohsin Riaz on February 14, 2021 at 1:27 am

Please explain, if one can keep puppy inside the house or flat as pet. The puppy will open to play inside bedroom or other rooms. Kindly explain in view of Bukhari Hadid # 2323 where one Karat deed will be taken off from him if he do so. Thanks

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Keeping A Puppy Dog In The House

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator February 14, 2021 at 1:56 am

Kindly refer to following videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HE_S0zzRpE

• Ahsan

• Ahsan

• Mohsin Riaz

Member February 14, 2021 at 3:32 am

Plz try to understand my question, it take time to train a dog, in beginning while it’s a puppy, can I keep him in my living room and it’s not for hunting. He is a pet dog and plz explain Bukhari Hadid # 2323, this was not discussed or explained by Sir Ghamdi in this clip.

• Ahsan

Moderator February 14, 2021 at 3:44 am

Kindly watch videos, this hadees has been discussed by Ilyas sb

• Mohsin Riaz

Member February 14, 2021 at 7:08 am

My question is still there. In clip he just said explain one point of view but again there is much ambiguity. By his explanation of Bukhari Hadid #2323 is that you cannot put dog in chain but again if I agree with him which means we can chain hunting or helping dogs which again creates more question. Can you plz share any book from where I can check the correct reasoning of this Hadid. In general view, dog is not clean as Cats or other pets so why not just allow this pet for hunting and help but not inside the house. I think many Hadid are in support of this point and kindly advise me time when I can directly clear my point with Sir Javed sb.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 14, 2021 at 7:41 am

I am not sure if it is already mentioned, but Ashabe Kahaf had a dog that slept with them.

I do not see any restriction on any animal to keep as a pet or for work in Islam.

If there is a concern that a pet will defecate or urinate in the house, then it is an equal concern for all animals, not just a dog.

As long as it is possible to clean the excrement, there shouldn’t be an issue.

That is why many animal owners do not have carpeted floors.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 14, 2021 at 11:15 am

There’s no prohibition of keeping a pet puppy dog or training him. Of course, keeping your house clean will still be your responsibility. The hadith that you mentioned has been explained in videos above.

Hadith is not an independent source of injunctions in Islam. You can refer to the following for principles of understanding hadith:

Discussion 1042

and

Discussion 1245

If you want you can register for the next Ask Ghamidi Live event. If you get a chance, you will be able to directly ask Ghamidi sahab your question.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register