Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Quran 24:26 – Vile Women Are For Vile Men And Vile Men For Vile Women

Tagged: 

• Quran 24:26 – Vile Women Are For Vile Men And Vile Men For Vile Women

Posted by Malaika Ghous on February 18, 2021 at 11:22 am

Can someone interpret surah noor ayat no 26?.. are our spouses already written in our taqdeer?….. Vile women are for vile men, and vile men for vile women. Good women are for good men, and good men for good women… Surah noor ayat no 26

Nadeem Minhas replied 3 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Quran 24:26 – Vile Women Are For Vile Men And Vile Men For Vile Women

Nadeem Minhas updated 3 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 18 Replies
  • Saiyed juned Alimiya

Member February 18, 2021 at 11:31 am

Sister this ayate karima of noor 26 concern with aakhi rat not for here mean this world

• Malaika Ghous

Member February 18, 2021 at 11:34 am

Okay.. so in this world this rule does not apply?.. a vile men can get good women and good men can get vile women??.. is our spouse written in taqdeer or not?..

• Saiyed juned Alimiya

Member February 18, 2021 at 11:43 am

Yes w will try to a good spouse for us if we will get something wrong? Now start our exam how we can set with our spouse end result we have option of talaq

• Malaika Ghous

Member February 18, 2021 at 11:46 am

I don’t wanna marry.. already had a bad experience with fiance… I was just asking.. jazakallah sir..

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 18, 2021 at 2:32 pm

As Juned sahab correctly pointed out, Quran verse 24:26 is relating the state of affairs in the hereafter. I just wanted to point out that this life is created on the principle of test – not on the principle of justice. While it’s fine if a person decides to not get married because of some prior bad experience, however our test shall carry on regardless. We might be able to avoid marriage, but we will still be tested through other aspects of our lives.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 18, 2021 at 5:51 pm

For a different perspective, it seems like most other scholars do not seem to associate this ayah with hereafter.

Vile women are for vile men, and vile men are for vile women; and good women are for good men, and good men are for good women. Those are free from what they (the accusers) say. For them there is forgiveness, and a graceful provision.

Mufti Taqi Usmani

Wicked women (are) for wicked men, and wicked men (are) for wicked women; and good women (are) for good men, and good men (are) for good women. Those are (declared) quit of whatever they (i.e., of what the wicked ones say) say; they will have forgiveness and an honorable provision.

Dr. Ghali

Bad statements are for bad people (or bad women for bad men) and bad people for bad statements (or bad men for bad women). Good statements are for good people (or good women for good men) and good people for good statements (or good men for good women), such (good people) are innocent of (each and every) bad statement which they say, for them is Forgiveness, and Rizqun Karim (generous provision i.e. Paradise).

Muhsin Khan

Corrupt women are for corrupt men, and corrupt men for corrupt women. Good women are for good men, and good men for good women. They are innocent of the calumnies people utter.2 There shall be forgiveness for them and a generous provision.

Tafheem-ul-Quran – Abul Ala Maududi

Corrupt women are for corrupt men, and corrupt men are for corrupt women; good women are for good men and good men are for good women. The good are innocent of what has been said against them; they will have forgiveness and a generous provision.

Abdul Haleem

Vile women are for vile men, and vile men for vile women. Good women are for good men, and good men for good women; such are innocent of that which people say: For them is pardon and a bountiful provision.

Pickthall

Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable.

Yusuf Ali

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 18, 2021 at 6:54 pm

Here is another perspective.

I am not a scholar, but my opinion is different. In my opinion this Ayah is for this World and it does not talk about “Takdeer”. I believe it gives the message that good couple should be married together and bad couple should be married together.

—-

Context of the Verse

In earlier verses of Surah an-Nur, Allah revealed when the incident of false accusations against Hz Aisha (RA) happened. Such slander was made by the hypocrites on the honor of Hz Aisha (RA), the wife of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), in connection with an incident which occurred while he was returning from a campaign.

Allah Himself revealed her innocence and forbade Muslims against accusing innocent and chaste women without proof.

Now on to the Tafsir of the verse.

……

The first part of the verse does not state an actual fact; rather it states and reminds a moral and a social principle. Impure men are a fit match for impure women and pious men are a fit match for pious women.

The verse is simply saying that good and righteous men and women only deserve each other just as immoral men and women deserve each other.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 18, 2021 at 8:39 pm

The judgement about who’s pure and who’s not will be done on the day of judgement by God. In this world many good men get married to many bad women and vice versa. The greatest example of this is Hazar Asiya – the wife of the Pharaoh. A lot of times people even turn out to be bad many years into the marriage. Quran verse 24:26 is not in relation to this world – it’s about the hereafter.

Quran verse 24:3 on the other hand relates a sharia law for the men and the women of this world that those men who are convicted of adultery can only marry such women and vice versa.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 18, 2021 at 8:56 pm

Faisal, I was hesitant to share difference of opinion here, but I remember Ghamidi Sahib encouraging it. So let me know if this is an issue and I will stop.

In my opinion the verse provides recommendation like other type of recommendations in various verses of Quran that good people should marry each other as they are suitable for each other and bad people (who commit adultry) are suitable for each other. Basically , impure men are a fit match for impure women and pious men are a fit match for pious women. That doesn’t mean there is any guarantee from Allah that it will not happen and can’t happen.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 18, 2021 at 10:55 pm

When 24:3 has been prescribed as a law for those convicted of adultery, there was no sense in sharing 24:26 as a by-the-way statement.

There’s of course no problem in having or sharing your difference of opinion.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 18, 2021 at 11:09 pm

These two Ayahs support each other. I do not see any duplication or contradiction. The first sets the law and second elaborates on the concept behind the law or its basis.

[24:3] The adulterer will end up marrying an adulteress or an idol worshiper, and the adulteress will end up marrying an adulterer or an idol worshiper. This is prohibited for the believers.

[24:26] The bad women for the bad men, and the bad men for the bad women, and the good women for the good men, and the good men for the good women. The latter are innocent of such accusations. They have attained forgiveness and a generous reward.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 19, 2021 at 10:01 am

24:3 is a “law” for people of this world. 24:26 refers to the state of things in the next world. Of course there’s no contradiction.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 19, 2021 at 10:19 am

Faisal, I read Ghamidi Sahib explanation too and I do not even remotely see how it can be interpretted as related to hereafter. As Ghamidi Sahib says, take the interpretation that makes more sense, so I will follow his guidance. So gar it is not making any sense.

Help me understand this…

“The bad women for the bad men, and the bad men for the bad women” Unless somehow we stretch our imagination and somehow believe that bad people will have bad wives in hell?

Ghamidi Sahib’s argument based on another ayah is very weak.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 19, 2021 at 6:37 pm

Nadeem sahab when we understand the Quran only with the literal meaning of the words, we miss out on a big part, and many times even the intent of God in a given verse or a passage. This is true for most books, however more so for the Quran. As we get more and more familiar with an author and his style, we start to profoundly understand even his ambiguous writings. Same applies to the Quran even though there’s nothing ambiguous in it.

It’s not Quran’s style to make standalone statements in the middle of things, especially when such statements are that of general knowledge. When Quran makes statements consisting of general knowledge, they’re always for the purpose of using them as evidence for a point that it’s trying to make. Such point is always evident in the context.

Verse 24:26 can either be understood in the context of the previous verses where the hereafter of evil people is under discussion, or it can be considered a standalone statement which has no relation to the previous or the next verses. It’s completely against Quran’s style if considered a standalone statement, but it fits perfectly well with the context of the previous verses.

Also Quran generally doesn’t make statements that can sometimes be true and other times not. As I stated earlier, in this world many good men get married to many bad women and vice versa. It’s quite against Quran’s style to make such a statement, especially when it has no context. With these things in mind, the correct interpretation in Ghamidi sahab’s view, which I wholeheartedly agree with, is that verse 24:26 is in reference to the hereafter.

If it still doesn’t make sense to you, of course you’re free to understand it differently. You will still earn the reward for trying. Since this is not even a matter of creed, worship, or law, there’s no harm in understanding it differently anyway.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 19, 2021 at 10:10 pm

Brother Faisal. I always appreciate your sharing of knowledge. Sometimes we agree and sometimes I get a chance to hear an alternative point of view from you.

Unfortunately texting is not an optimal medium to discuss complicated topics in detail.

Anyhow we agree to diagree. I have found Quran to be very easy to understsnd and with very streight forward meaning reqiring no twisting of meaning. Still to be sure that I am not on a completely wrong track, I look at the work of many scholars. I am content that the meaning I infered myself is the same meaning infered by most scholars. I find more weight in their interpretation in this case than Ghamidi Sahib. At the end only Allah knows the true meaning.

I appreciate your guidance and I will continue to seek your guidance in other matters.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 19, 2021 at 10:55 pm

Fair enough.

Out of curiosity, what is your method to understand the Quran? If you only look at several different translations to get confirmation, I think that you should know that many of these translations are actually not original works. Many translators piggyback on previous translations to come up with their own. Just because you see many scholars translating a certain thing in the same way is really meaningless when it comes to Quran translations.

Also the overall message of the Quran is very easy to understand for the common person, however, if you talk to any legitimate Quran scholar, they will tell you that how difficult of a book it is to analyze, comprehend, and explain.

These are just a couple of points that I wanted to bring to your attention just so that you don’t underestimate the problem of Quran comprehension.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 20, 2021 at 8:33 am

Faisal Bhai I would love to discuss with an open mind with you. Ghamidi Sahib is the one of the only 2 scholars that I trust and follow, but I do not agree with him on everything.

I was just trying to wrap up the conversation cognizant of your busy schedule helping many other people on this forum.

• Saiyed juned Alimiya

Member February 19, 2021 at 10:00 pm

After this long discussion or any other long discussion of other aayte karima I remember gamdi sir statement that ” Arbi zabaan ka masla he” May Allah give him long life with best health aamin

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register