Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Concept Of Jannah – Limitations Of Wishes

Tagged: 

• Concept Of Jannah – Limitations Of Wishes

Posted by Umair Ahmed on February 19, 2021 at 2:34 am

Assalam u Alaikum everyone.My question was that are there any limitations to one’s wishes in Jannah?

Like someone wants to be a popular footballer😅or be a cool assassin?Won’t becoming assassin be against the principles of what’s halaal and haraam and what about other haraam things in this world like murder,Zina and what not,won’t one would get used to everything eventually and won’t be amused any more?

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years, 1 month ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Concept Of Jannah – Limitations Of Wishes

• Ahsan

Moderator February 19, 2021 at 9:21 am

Walikumaslam
    I am unable to clearly understand the question.
    I will say this just mere wishes will not grant you jannah. Allah has given the basis on which a person will go to paradise. You have to follow those guidelines.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 19, 2021 at 9:42 am

As a principle, the Quran has promised that all our wishes will be fulfilled in the paradise. If someone wants to be a footballer, I don’t see a reason why such wish won’t be fulfilled. We also know that the restrictions of haram and halal won’t be the same in the hereafter as they are in this world. The reason for many such restrictions is to be able to carry out the test. For example, Quran mentions that wine will be served to the inhabitants of the paradise.

If someone wishes to be a murder in the paradise, I can speculate that such wish won’t be fulfilled. However, if we analyze why someone “wishes” to be a murder, it is only because they either have a physical disorder or their nafs is not pure (problem with their consciousness or awareness). Since we know from the Quran that we will be granted brand new bodies in the hereafter and that only the pure will be able to enter the paradise, I don’t think that any inhabitants of the paradise will wish for any evil things.

• Shah Meer

Member February 19, 2021 at 9:54 am

Even a boy wants his gender to be a girl in heaven Similarly Girl wants her to be a boy. So will this also be fulfilled?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 19, 2021 at 9:56 am

I see no reason why such wishes won’t be fulfilled.

• Shah Meer

Member February 19, 2021 at 9:58 am

For Sure

• Umair Ahmed

Member February 19, 2021 at 10:01 am

Understood Faisal bhai,Thanks

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 20, 2021 at 8:53 am

I think once you are there, you won’t have these type of wishes. These types of wishes are related to this world. People perhaps will have more pure thoughts and different type of enjoyments. Something related to this is in 15:47, 56:25. And yes, restriction on halal or haram will not be the same. The wine there will be tasty, but it won’t drive you to do bad things. Either it won’t have alcohol or alcohol will not drive you to do bad things. 52:23

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 20, 2021 at 8:59 am

I think we don’t have the words, experience or imagination to understand how paradise will be. The description of paradise in Quran seems to be analogies so we could understand a bit. The analogies are more related to what Arabs of that time would understand; like milk, honey, wine, spouse, streams of water, carpets, etc. I think in reality heaven will be so awesome that we can’t even imagine.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 17, 2021 at 9:30 pm

Yes I think that the primary addresses of the Quran would have it tailored to them. But gardens, houses, future, waterfalls and women are kind of universals. The ultimate underpinning message though is I guess you will get whatever you want

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register