Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Superiority Of Christians Over Jews

• Superiority Of Christians Over Jews

Posted by Nehal Arshad on February 20, 2021 at 3:57 am

Salaam Alaikum,

I was watching a video of Ghamidi sb. in which he discussed an ayat of Surah Zukhruf. I will paste the video link at the end of my question. The discussion raised a question in my mind while I was listening to it so if ustadh could clarify it I’ll be delighted.

Q. The Quran states in 3:55 that “[Mention] when Allah said, “O Jesus, indeed I will take you and raise you to Myself and purify you from those who disbelieve and make those who follow you superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return, and I will judge between you concerning that in which you used to differ.”

My question here is that Ustadh Ghamidi states that the christians, being followers of Isa (A.S), have been granted superiority over the Jews and this the meaning of the part of the ayah. But, Isa(A.S) preached the Oneness of Allah, just like every other messenger that Allah sent, among other repeated message for eg salah, zakat, fasting, the last day etc. In that regard, the christians do not follow the teachings of Isa(A.S) but muslims do. It is my knowledge obtained from listening to different scholars and reading the Quran that by accepting the message of Muhammad (SAW), muslims have automatically accepted the message of every prophet and message who came before him. So how can it be said that this ayah means the superiority of christians over the jews till the last day?

I am just trying to learn therefore ignore my lack of knowledge and correct me if I’m wrong. The following is the link of the video:

Thank you.

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Superiority Of Christians Over Jews

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 20, 2021 at 11:43 am

The law of itmam-e-hujjah entails that the believers among the addressees of the prophets are granted superiority over the deniers. It is according to this law that the believers of Jesus AS (Christians) were granted political superiority over the Jews who denied the message of Jesus AS. Of course as we know, later beliefs in Christianity were altered, but that has no bearing on God’s law of itmam-e-hujjah.

• Nehal Arshad

Member February 20, 2021 at 2:52 pm

Sir,

My question still stands. At that time after itmam-e-hujjah yes the followers of Isa (AS) were superior over the disbelievers which were the jews of that time. But the Quran talks about superiority till the day of judgement. Superiority of whom? It states your followers or those who follow you which means those believed in the teachings of Isa (AS). Superiority over whom? The disbelievers. Presently there are many disbelievers not only the jews but also hinduism, atheism etc etc. When will the superiority last? Till the day of judgement.

The question was the christians of today do not follow the original teachings of Isa (AS). If this is the case then how can it be said that the christians will have superiority over the jews till the last day since according to this logic the christians are themselves disbelievers. If this is not the case, and the followers of Isa (AS) are actually muslims who follow his teachings, then shouldn’t it be right to say that muslims will be the ones to have superiority over those who disbelieve?

Thank you for your reply.

• Usama khan

Member February 20, 2021 at 2:41 pm

Plz clarify one misunderstanding above replies do have:

Quoting:

…to those who disbelieve…

It doesn’t mean Jews! Those who disbelieve basically are Jewish learned clergy who were regarded as spiritual elites & to a great degree enjoy political Influence as well!

7 woes of Prophet Jesus & the case of Barabass should further my point:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woes_of_the_Pharisees

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barabbas

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontius_Pilate

I have pasted links for you to read. If I am not able to make my point clear do reply

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 20, 2021 at 4:26 pm

Nehal the dainoonat of God is based on those who originally believe or deny and their descendants. In case of prophet Muhammad SAW, it was only limited to people of the Quraish or bani Ismail who were among the direct addressees of the prophet and their descendants.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register