Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 10:92- Who Is Pharoah And Where Is His Body?

Tagged: 

• Quran 10:92- Who Is Pharoah And Where Is His Body?

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on February 25, 2021 at 8:06 am

Sahih International

So today We will save you in body that you may be to those who succeed you a sign. And indeed, many among the people, of Our signs, are heedless

Where is the pharoah’s body- because I don’t think we exactly know for certain which pharoah opposed Musa AS. Also his body was discovered recently. What about the direct addresses of this verse?

Saad Saleem replied 3 months, 3 weeks ago 8 Members · 44 Replies
  • 44 Replies
  • Quran 10:92- Who Is Pharoah And Where Is His Body?

Saad Saleem updated 3 months, 3 weeks ago 8 Members · 44 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor February 25, 2021 at 8:07 am

10:92*

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 12, 2021 at 5:53 pm

Any ideas?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 12, 2021 at 10:06 pm

Google it and it seems like Rameses II is the more likely Pharaoh for many reasons.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 6:22 am

Yes but who did the Arabs think it was and why? They didn’t have Google

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 13, 2021 at 6:43 am

Perhaps this verse was not for Arabs because the bodies of pharaohs have been recently discovered. Just like verses that made human from mud and water or all heavently bodies are floating in orbits may not have too much meaning to them. Just like now that there are 7 universes make little sense to us.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 7:02 am

The primary addressees were the Arabs. 7 heavens make sense as long as you treat language like language and dot try to ascertain a source/foundation/misdaaq for the words being said because that’s not how language works. Like if I say my sister made me daal and then you ask which sister how old what type of daal.

But here a specific pharaohs body is being preserved so we should see it

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 13, 2021 at 7:16 am

If Quran/ Allah meant it to be clear cut proof, Quran would have stated the name of Pharaoh’s name and the body would have been preserved and displayed for public viewing the day he died. Quran always leaves room for doubt for those who want to doubt. Also Quran may be primarily for Arabs, but it is designed for the entire humanity until the last day and it will continue to reveal its secrets until that day. Some will look at the meaning one way and the others will look at the other meaning. We are digressing here, but how 7 heavens or people are made of mud make sense 1400 years ago?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 7:18 am

The same way they make sense to us. What is hard to understand? As I said language conveys meaning.

The question arises: who are ‘those who succeed?’ Because so far I haven’t found any reference to us modern humans in the Quran. Except perhaps the second ayah of surah jumah

• Altamash Ali

Member March 13, 2021 at 7:00 am

Watch This Video ManyProphetsOneMessage 🙂

it informs About your Question very well and in deepness

Salam.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 7:01 am

I have seen it and Arabs did not have access to this research I can almost say with certainty

• Altamash Ali

Member March 13, 2021 at 7:02 am

‘Arabs did not have Access’ means??

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 7:02 am

They did not know the names of the pharaohs and as far as I know they did not have his body

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 13, 2021 at 7:36 am

Altamash…Excellent video. Thank you for sharing it.

• Afia Khan

Member March 13, 2021 at 7:02 am

I take it that if Allah told something in the Quran then it is Haq (true). When Allah said the body is saved or anything which we can not find or know now then it is because we haven’t discovered it yet. Same thing goes to Arabs of that era. I think it is the perfect time to discover His body as human can also confirm with DNA etc that the mummy is of Pharaoh Ramsey.

I saw his mummy. No doubt Allah is great.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 7:04 am

What do you mean by dna? We don’t know who it is so how would dna help?

This verse was revealed to the Arabs of that time so they should see his corpse if it’s a sign of God’s mightiness.

I have also seen the mummy but who knows if that was the actual pharoah?

Also there has to be a nuance. You can’t just say the Quran is true therefore the body exists. Sometimes the claims have to be proven otherwise it’s just blind faith

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 13, 2021 at 7:21 am

Shoaib, if we start arguing, we can argue every single word of Quran. People have been arguing on it, but just as Afia stated, once you read Quran and you start believing Allah and that Quran is Allah’s book then there are many things you believe as default. That doesn’t mean you don’t search for answers, but you believe and look for answers. You can’t prove heaven and hell, then why do you accept it? You haven’t proved last day, why do you believe in it? You haven’t seen Allah, why do you believe him?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 7:26 am

Proving hell or heaven is a corollary of believing in God. If God has said that pharoahs body has been preserved for ‘those who succeed’ then it is a provable claim.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 13, 2021 at 7:34 am

Similarly when believing in Allah, then you believe in Quran and then you believe what is stated in Quran. The only thing you can question in Quran is whether the translation is correct or not or whether I understood it correctly or not; otherwise once you believe in Allah, you believe in what Quran states.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 7:35 am

If the Quran said the sky is red and made of cheese we would not believe it

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 13, 2021 at 8:18 am

If we believe in Allah and Quran then we must believe if Quran says the sky is red and made of cheese. But this question doesn’t come up because if Quran had so many obvious mistakes, like other books, then we wouldn’t have believed in Quran or Allah in the first place. Now that we have completed our research and used Akal and accepted that Quran is the truth, then what it states we need to believe and wait for the day when thing will be proven correct.

• Afia Khan

Member March 13, 2021 at 7:24 am

Religion is blind faith. To me it is more important to believe if it is in Quran. If it is proven then it’s good but I don’t need that proof to believe.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 7:25 am

I disagree. If religion is blind faith then you are not using your aql. And Quran tells us to use our aql.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 13, 2021 at 7:31 am

I partially agree with Afia:- Partly due to the reason that Islam makes sense and gives overwhelming proofs, but never gives ultimate proof. Partly we believe because of an inner voice telling us that it is a truth. After that there is so much we accept as-is (blindly), but continue to search for truth.

• Afia Khan

Member March 13, 2021 at 7:30 am

Off course we accept Islam with Aql, but then we are the people who یومنون بالغیب

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 7:31 am

Pharoahs body or his identity does not come under ghayb as far as I have understood that concept

• Afia Khan

Member March 13, 2021 at 8:09 am

Believing in Quran as book of Allah is the part of Iman bilghaeb.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 8:11 am

So we believe in the Quran without seeing it?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 13, 2021 at 8:20 am

We believe Quran without having absolute proof of every word and every statement in it!

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 8:43 am

But we should have proofs for the things that it says we have proof for. If something is an example for people of course they have to see it

• Afia Khan

Member March 13, 2021 at 8:22 am

We believe in Quran without seeing Allah and his angels.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 8:42 am

Yes but we still believe it is God’s book.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 13, 2021 at 8:45 am

Let’s get back to where the conversation stated. Shoaib, you stated that Quran is primarily for Arabs and thus the verse on Pharaoh should make sense to Arabs. Well it wouldn’t make sense to them. Does it mean Quran is wrong and it is not a book of Allah?

I stated otherwise that not every verse is for all time and many verses would make no sense 1400 years ago. Although some verses can be for both times. Using old Arabic meaning would make sense to Arabs 1400 years ago and now the new meaning will make sense to current people. But, this is not true for all verses.

Now who is the Pharaoh that prophet Moses dealt with. We still do not know for absolute truth, but more evidences point to one. No one can, no one has and no one will proven Quran incorrect with an unrefutably evidence.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 8:46 am

My question is very simple and requires a simple answer.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 13, 2021 at 8:51 am

The simple and straight answer is we do not know with absolute certainty. The video also answers in much detail.

• Adnan Naeem

Member March 13, 2021 at 8:53 pm

I think if u read Ghamidi sahib tafseer about this ayaat it’s make much sense

108 خدا کی یہ بات حرف بہ حرف پوری ہوئی۔ فرعون کی لاش کو غرقابی کے بعد سمندر نے قبول نہیں کیا، بلکہ عذاب الٰہی کی ایک عبرت ناک نشانی کے طور پر باہر پھینک دیا۔ یہ لاش بعد میں لوگوں کو ملی بھی اور اُنھوں نے اپنی آنکھوں سے دیکھ لیا کہ خدا کے مقابلے میں سرکشی کا انجام کیا ہوتا ہے۔ جزیرہ نماے سینا کے مغربی ساحل پر جبل فرعون اور حمام فرعون اِسی واقعے کی یادگاریں ہیں۔ ابو زنیمہ سے چند کلومیٹر اوپر شمال کی جانب علاقے کے باشندے آج بھی اُس جگہ کی نشان دہی کرتے ہیں، جہاں یہ لاش پڑی ہوئی ملی تھی۔ دور حاضر میں اہل مصر کی جو ممی کی ہوئی لاشیں دریافت ہوئی ہیں، اُن میں سے بھی ایک لاش کے بارے میں، جسے فرعون منفتہ کی لاش قرار دیا جاتا ہے، عام خیال یہ ہے کہ یہ اُسی فرعون کی لاش ہے۔ یہ لاش قاہرہ کے عجائب خانے میں محفوظ ہے اور زبان حال سے کہہ رہی ہے کہ دیکھو مجھے جو دیدئہ عبرت نگاہ ہو۔ استاذ امام لکھتے ہیں:

’’۔۔۔اِس لاش کے بارے میں اثریات کے ماہرین، چاہے اختلاف کریں کہ یہ اُسی فرعون کی لاش ہے یا کسی اور کی، لیکن اُن کے اٹکل پچو اندازوں کے مقابل میں قرآن کا یہ چودہ سو سال پہلے کا بیان زیادہ قابل اعتماد ہے۔ اِس طرح قدرت نے اُس کی لاش کو عبرت کی ایک ایسی نشانی بنا دیا جو آج کے فرعونوں کے لیے بھی محفوظ ہے، لیکن دیکھنے کے لیے آنکھوں کی ضرورت ہے اور اِس دنیا میں عبرت پذیر آنکھوں سے زیادہ کم یاب کوئی شے بھی نہیں۔‘‘

(تدبرقرآن۴/ ۸

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 13, 2021 at 9:05 pm

This does not sound right because this pharaoh only ruled for 10 years. See video posted earlier. Ramese II is more likely to be the one.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 9:09 pm

The video says the Quran says the age of maturity is 40 but that doesn’t seem to be necessary. The Quran could have used the same phrase (which it did) but for a different time the age of maturity or ‘strength’ as the Quran says it could have been different back then I think. I’m not sure about this though

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 9:09 pm

The related ayaat are 28:14 and 46:15

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 13, 2021 at 9:21 pm

Quran mentions Haman by name and Haman worked during Rameses II era and Rameses body is preserved in Egypt. See end of video.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 9:22 pm

Is this discussed in the video?

• Ali Shaikh

Member August 3, 2021 at 2:34 pm

Yes !

• Ali Shaikh

Member August 3, 2021 at 12:08 pm

[Nay,] but today We shall save only thy body, so that thou mayest be a [warning] sign unto those who will come after thee: for, behold, a good many people are heedless of Our messages!”

Quran 10:92 [Muhammad Asad]

Isn’t it for a sign for a future generation??

Look what Mawlana Maududi said ;-

Even today the place, where the dead body of Pharaoh was found floating, is pointed out by the inhabitants of that region. It lies on the western coast of the Sinai Peninsula and is now known by the name of Jabl-i-Firaun (Pharaoh’s Mount). There is also near to it a hot spring called Hammam-i-Firaun (Pharaoh’s Bath), which is situated at a distance of a few miles from Abu Zenimah, where, they say, Pharaoh’s dead body was found lying.

If the Pharaoh who was drowned was Mineptah, who ruled over Egypt when Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) was sent to him, his embalmed dead body is still lying in the Cairo Museum. When Sir Grafton E. Smith removed the bandages from his mummy, a layer of salt was found on the body, which was a clear proof that he was drowned in the sea.

That is, We show signs to the people over and over again so that these should serve as warnings and be the means of teaching them lessons, but it is a pity that they do not learn lessons even from such signs as the dead body of Pharaoh.

With regard to Identification of Pharoah

https://www.islamic-awareness.org/quran/contrad/external/mosespharaoh.html

You can also refer to old tafsir such as Qatada, ibn Abbas, Imam Razi etc

Also this;- https://islamqa.info/en/answers/72516/meaning-of-the-verse-so-this-day-we-shall-deliver-your-dead-body-out-from-the-sea

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member August 3, 2021 at 10:55 pm

…….But as Pharaoh was drowning, he cried out, “I believe that there is no god except that in whom the Children of Israel believe, and I am ˹now˺ one of those who submit10:90

˹He was told,˺ “Now ˹you believe˺? But you always disobeyed and were one of the corruptors.10:91

Today We will preserve your corpse so that you may become an example for those who come after you. And surely most people are heedless of Our examples!” 10:92

Context of ayah 10:92 is v important. It was a direct address to pharaoh that it’s too late to believe and your body will made an example for people after YOU!

It doesn’t mean people of Muhammad SAW’s time or even later people but people who will come after the pharaoh. His body became a reminder for people of Egypt how they treated bani Israel after Yusuf AS and the whole ordeal of MosesAS and how Allah saved the believers.

Last part of ayah is also v important. Allah said most people don’t take heed. That was apparent to the arabs of that time that Egyptians didn’t believe in Allah even after seeing so many miracles and even parting of sea and death of their ruler. all this wasn’t enough to convince them to become believers. It was relevant to the Arabs and to us that when we ask for proofs but not ready to submit then the clearest of proofs will be useless

Before Moses AS story, Noah AS story was told, look at the last ayah for this story

But they still rejected him, so We saved him and those with him in the Ark and made them successors, and drowned those who rejected Our signs. See then what was the end of those who had been warned!10:73

Did Arabs know what happened to people who didn’t believe in Noah AS? But Quran said SEE as if it’s apparent to Arabs. It was known in essence and not as physical evidence.

• Saad Saleem

Member January 25, 2024 at 6:07 pm

Ghamidi’s perspective on Merneptah regarding the Exodus seems accurate for several reasons:
    1. **Timing of the Exodus**: A common belief is that the Exodus occurred earlier than the reign of Ramses II. However, this contradicts the biblical account, which states that the Israelites helped build the city of ‘Pi-Ramses’. This city was constructed during Ramses II’s reign, aligning the timeline of the Exodus with his period.
    2. **Identifying the Pharaoh of the Exodus**: The Bible describes the Pharaoh during the time of Moses’ return from exile, following his prophetic revelation, as a new ruler after a very long ruling Pharoah. This suggests Ramses II was the long ruling Pharaoh under whom Moses grew up (referred to as the ‘Pharaoh of Oppression’), and Merneptah as the ‘Pharaoh of the Exodus.’
    3. **Merneptah Stele’s Significance**: The Merneptah Stele, which recounts Merneptah’s military campaigns, is notable for its mention of the ‘people of Israel’ – distinct from the lands he claimed to subdue. The stele indicates that the ‘people of Israel lay waste, and their seed is no more.’ This phrasing resonates with the Quranic and Biblical narratives of the Pharaoh killing Israelite male infants. At the time of Merneptah’s stele, the Israelites were still oppressed and had not yet embarked on the Exodus.
    4. **Post-Merneptah Developments in Egypt**: Following Merneptah’s reign, Egypt faced significant turmoil. The incursions of the Sea Peoples and internal issues such as tomb looting by government officials signaled the decline of Egypt’s golden age and the end of the Bronze Age. These circumstances likely provided the Israelites the necessary political space to settle in Canaan, fulfilling God’s plan as narrated in the religious texts.
    In summary, the alignment of biblical accounts with historical records during Ramses II and Merneptah’s reigns, as well as the archaeological evidence like the Merneptah Stele, lend credence to Ghamidi’s view on the Exodus timeline and the Pharaohs involved.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register