Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Sood / Riba In Government Saving Schemes

Tagged: ,

• Sood / Riba In Government Saving Schemes

Posted by Fatimah on February 27, 2021 at 7:16 am

Ghamidi sahab explained about sood in government saving schemes from this ayah from surah baqrah that a person demanding for interest comes under the category of soodb but the government is if willingly offering 2% or some amount of interest then this can’t be considered as sood.

https://youtu.be/Kao1onjIbWI

Did I understand this right can anyone affirm?

If yes, then it totally contradicts from recent the videos of ghamidi sahab on “23 aitrazat” series(and there several other vdos) where he clearly explained that saving schemes(bonds) comes under the category of Sood.

Fatimah replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Sood / Riba In Government Saving Schemes

Fatimah updated 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Fatimah

Member March 3, 2021 at 12:10 pm

Can anyone give me an answer on this please?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 3, 2021 at 12:41 pm

Not sure what contradiction you’re referring to. Could you please post the videos along with time stamps of what you’re referring to?

• Fatimah

Member March 3, 2021 at 12:43 pm

I just want to know the final opinion on this. I am getting confusion on this actually. So these bonds schemes are haram and if govt willingly offers 2%offers and we take it then is it permissible or not.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 3, 2021 at 12:47 pm

For the pious, it is befitting that they do not benefit from such schemes. However, if the general masses especially the orphans, widows and retired personnel who are apprehensive in investing their wealth in business ventures benefit from these schemes for their essential expenses, it is hoped that they will not be held accountable for this by God.

For details please see:

Discussion 1276

• Fatimah

Member March 3, 2021 at 12:48 pm

Thank you!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register