Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Hadith – Leave That Which Is Neither Useful In This World Nor The Hereafter

Tagged: 

• Hadith – Leave That Which Is Neither Useful In This World Nor The Hereafter

Posted by Momin Khan on February 28, 2021 at 11:26 am

اسلام وعلیکم

ایک حدیث ہے کہ اسلام کےلئے بہترہے کہ آدمی وہ کام چھوڑ دیں جو نہ دنیا میں کام آئیں اور نہ اخرت میں۔

کیا یہ صحیح حدیث ہے

Momin Khan replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Hadith – Leave That Which Is Neither Useful In This World Nor The Hereafter

Momin Khan updated 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 28, 2021 at 6:21 pm

I don’t recall any hadith like that, but I can’t imagine any deed that’s neither useful in this world nor the hereafter. Without a valid reference, it’s not possible to understand what’s being said in the hadith.

• Momin Khan

Member March 2, 2021 at 1:27 pm

Actually this hadith is in fazayle ammal book in story.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 2, 2021 at 1:39 pm

Fazail-e-Aamal is not a hadith book. If it quotes a hadith then it should have a reference to it.

• Kifayat Ramzan

Member March 2, 2021 at 9:01 pm

Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “It is from the excellence of (a believer’s) Islam that he should shun that which is of no concern to him”.

[At-Tirmidhi].‏ عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه قال‏:‏ قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏:‏ ‏ “‏ من حسن إسلام المرء تركه ما لا يعنيه‏”‏ ‏(‏‏(‏حديث حسن رواه الترمذي وغيره‏)‏‏)‏

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 2, 2021 at 9:12 pm

Here’s the full hadith and I think that it’s a beautiful advise. However, it’s not about this world and the hereafter as the original question stated.

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ: قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه و سلم “مِنْ حُسْنِ إسْلَامِ الْمَرْءِ تَرْكُهُ مَا لَا يَعْنِيهِ”. حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ، رَوَاهُ التِّرْمِذِيُّ [رقم: 2318] ، ابن ماجه [رقم: 3976].

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Part of the perfection of one’s Islam is his leaving that which does not concern him.”

A hasan (good) hadeeth which was related by at-Tirmidhi and others in this fashion.

Hadith 12, 40 Hadith an-NawawiBook: Forty Hadith of an-Nawawi

https://sunnah.com/nawawi40:12

• Momin Khan

Member March 23, 2021 at 7:31 am

So can anyone explain me? The above hadees.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 23, 2021 at 8:37 am

It means that one should not stick their nose in things that do not concern them.

• Momin Khan

Member March 23, 2021 at 9:22 am

Ok sir but what kind of things.

Mean that i was playing a game then one of my friend said to me that you should not playing games. I asked him why? Then he reference me to the above hadith.

So the application of above hadith is correct.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 23, 2021 at 9:27 am

No, playing games does concern you. It provides you entertainment. As long as there’s nothing immoral in the game, there’s no harm in playing it. The narration above is referring to things that don’t concern you, for example, getting into private matters of others.

• Momin Khan

Member March 23, 2021 at 9:29 am

Thank you sir for clearing my mind

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register