Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State Anarchy (Fasad) And Capital Punishments

Tagged: ,

• Anarchy (Fasad) And Capital Punishments

Posted by Nadeem Minhas on February 28, 2021 at 1:09 pm

Seems like Ghamidi Sahib defines Fasad as directly and persoanally involved in harming people’s life, wealth and reputation, for which Quran recommends capital punishment.

On the other hand, Fasad for which people are indirectly and impersonally involved causes more harm to millions of people’s life, wealth and reputation. For example, funding terrorism, coaxing people to kill others, creating circumstances for war, encoraging sectarianism and extremism, etc. Why won’t capital punishment be allowed for such people?

Nadeem Minhas replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Anarchy (Fasad) And Capital Punishments

Nadeem Minhas updated 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 1, 2021 at 11:17 am

I’m not sure where you get the impression of Ghamidi sahab’s view in regards to punishments in Quran verse 5:33. If you can share a reference, I can evaluate what’s being said there.

Please read Al-Bayan’s explanation of verse 5:33 and also watch the following video:

https://youtu.be/5R2WyQaFfyA

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 1, 2021 at 5:40 pm

I will have to find the video, but the video was running before live session this Sunday on YouTube.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 1, 2021 at 6:14 pm

That’s Meezan lecture #70. Ghamidi sahab clearly mentioned in it that a person or a group who rebells against the collective system (state) in order to harm others can be rendered capital punishment. He did not specifically mention the examples you stated above, but they do come under fasad-fil-ard (anarchy).

https://youtu.be/x0ZWOhD5DRs

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 1, 2021 at 6:39 pm

Thank you Faisal. The lecture at 12 minute in the above video mentions the issue. The examples given or the explanation given by Ghamidi Sahib mentions someone to be directly involved in Fasaad to earn death penalty. If indirect involvement is not covered in the lecture, did Ghamidi Sahib cover this in some other writing or video?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 1, 2021 at 7:03 pm

Please see my original response.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 12, 2021 at 2:23 am

I’m guessing from the above explanation that rape wouldn’t come under fasaad right?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 12, 2021 at 5:44 am

Shoaib: My guess is that one incident of rape will not constitute Fasad, but systematic rape by a person or a group will.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register