Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Al Khidr Event In The Realm Of Visions

• Al Khidr Event In The Realm Of Visions

Attaullah updated 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 12 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 5, 2021 at 10:37 am

The resource is mentioned in the video: Tafseer-e-Kabeer by Mirza Bashir-ud-Din Mahmud Ahmad.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 5, 2021 at 10:42 am

Are there any videos that you know of that I could watch?

• Attaullah

Member March 18, 2021 at 2:40 am

https://www.alislam.org/quran/view/?page=1880&region=E53 here you can read their tafsir

i have shared my interpretation

context and style indicates it was vision

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 18, 2021 at 8:39 am

When talking about isra of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم in surah bani israel the word رؤيا is used. I don’t see why there is a reason to call this the isra of Musa عليه السلام . It seems quite literal to me

• Attaullah

Member March 18, 2021 at 12:08 pm

I don’t agree with calling it isra you asked for their tafsir that’s why I sent that link I myself don’t agree with their interpretation at all.

In surah Baqarah verse 259 it is not mentioned that it was رؤيا but we know that it was a vision

and there are few questions that need to be answered if you wanna take literal reading of those verses

1.Who was taking care of Israelites if Joshua and Moses (A.S.) were away last time when he went to Mount Sinai Israelites started worshiping idols why would Moses (A.S.) voluntarily leave them for long period of time after seeing what happened when he left before and this time it was voluntary not a command.

2.Why God ended the life of the youth before he manifested his impropriety and disbelief? If it was for greater good then why not murder other children? Some say that the killing of the youth may be likened to the Angel of Death (Izrai’l) causing someone’s death by God’s decree and authority. However, the problem with this explanation is if he was Angel Moses would not have affronted al-Khidr because he was aware of that phenomenon (of death).

Moses in his life accidentally killed a person in a fight and this thing was always bothering him and in that vision he saw that did happen but there was a greater good.

3.Who was Khidr?

4.Does he still roam around killing people, damaging ships with hidden kind of greater good(Khair)?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 18, 2021 at 12:11 pm

1. Wasn’t this before the idol of the calf?

2. It’s how God controls this world. Yes we can do qiyaas to say it’s quite likely that God runs this world in this way still. I don’t know if the kid would still be punished since he didn’t actually disbelieve. But there are some mad people or paralysed people in this world too. They are just a test for other people.

3. Irrelevant. Though perhaps an angel.

4. See no.2

Just because these questions arise what’s the evidence that it wasn’t an actual physical thing? If it’s a vision then the kalaam should give evidence for this

• Attaullah

Member March 18, 2021 at 12:23 pm

1.Moses met Joshua after he went to Egypt most likely after it. Now answer question 1

2.You didn’t answer this question (If it was for greater good then why not murder other children?)

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 18, 2021 at 12:26 pm

1. Did he meet Joshua after the golden calf? If the Israelites were just saved then Aaron عليه السلام could’ve took care of them. Perhaps this was before the golden calf incident and it was at that specific time that they went out of control.

2. Other children may be being murdered according to God’s laws. Many die from cancer etc

• Attaullah

Member March 18, 2021 at 12:43 pm

1.Joshua was with Moses during exodus. Golden calf incident happened after exodus. Aaron was there first time too but we know what Israelites did. very low likelihood of this happening before Golden Calf incident

• Attaullah

Member March 15, 2021 at 1:57 pm

True knowledge is when two oceans of knowledge merge together (internal knowledge and external knowledge)

when true knowledge comes, the dead soul comes back to life again like the dead fish in this vision where two oceans meet

the three acts which al-Khidr performed were all the things that Moses had done or got involved before. First he was thrown into the nile as an infant, yet that was to save him from pharoah who was killing male children and not to drown him. Then he accidentally killed an Israelite because of which he fled and a great journey of prophethood and the salvation of the Israelites began to unfold.

the villagers disrespected them they didn’t host them well

Moses was fed up with the behavior of Israelites because they were pestering him

he threw the tablets that he was so angry that what on earth is wrong with these people

Moses does not enter Jerusalem he dies before the Israelites actually make it across the Jordan River and into Jerusalem

he never sees the fruits of his whole mission but God shows him in this vision that yes the wall right now is dilapidated but after you repair it these orphans will grow up and beneath it is a treasure which will manifest in the great magnificent kingdom of David and Solomon serving and playing out to be one of the most powerful kingdoms on earth in its time

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 15, 2021 at 1:58 pm

This seems like a great inteprrtation but what is the proof that it was a vision?

• Attaullah

Member March 18, 2021 at 12:47 pm

is it coincident that all of these three incidents are related to the life and mission of Moses (A.S.)

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register