Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Why Are There Differences In The Sharia?

• Why Are There Differences In The Sharia?

Posted by Sana Fatima on March 1, 2021 at 1:41 am

If God is everywhere and He is omnipresent then why do we pray in a certain direction? And why do we fast in a certain month? In previous religions, for example, Judaism and Christianity there are different days for fasting, but in Islam Muslims fast in the month of Ramadan. If God sent all messengers and they were all true then why do God feel the need that humanity should pray or fast differently in each period of revelation? I am confused. What difference would it make if a person don’t fast on days in Ramadan but instead fast in other month. The intention matters, right? Why would God care if I stay hungry in Ramadan or in any other month. Wat matter is I do it for Him and do it rightly.

Ahsan replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Why Are There Differences In The Sharia?

Ahsan updated 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Altamash Ali

Member March 1, 2021 at 3:37 am

bi-smi llāhi r-raḥmāni r-raḥīm

يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ ٱلصِّيَامُ كَمَا كُتِبَ عَلَى ٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ۝

-O believers! Fasting is prescribed for you—as it was for those before you—so perhaps you will become mindful ˹of Allah˺.

-Qurʼān 2:183

Allāh ﷻ have prescribed the fasting in this month, just like how previously it was prescribed to Peoples on certain dates known to Allāh ﷻ

are you asking that why on certain dates God have commanded us to keep fast?

it is just because to look at our intention that who obeys him.

intention matters, i agree.

and you know if we try to compare the rewards given by Allāh ﷻ in matter of Fasting in ordinary days vs in month of Ramadan…..

then we can’t know which one would give us more Sawāb

because :

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “(Allāh ﷻ said), ‘Every good deed of Adam’s son is for him except fasting; it is for Me. and I shall reward (the fasting person) for it.”

Sahih al-Bukhari : 5927

and there exist some more fascinating Hadis from Secondary books of Ahadees

care to read these

the Prophet (ﷺ) said (that Allāh ﷻ said):
    “For every good deed that the son of Adam does, he will have (the reward of) ten the like thereof, except for fasting. It is for Me and I shall reward for it.

-Sunan an-Nasa’i : 2219 ; this Hadith is Sahih graded by Darussalam

& now read this hadis which is filled with Mercy of Rahman 🥺🥺

Prophet (ﷺ) said:
    “Every good deed of the son of Adam will be multiplied manifold. A good deed will be multiplied ten times up to as many as seven hundred times, or as much as Allāh ﷻ wills. Allāh ﷻ says: ‘Except for fasting, which is for Me and I shall reward for it. He gives up his desire and his food for My sake.’

Sunan Ibn Majah : 1638 ; this Hadith is Sahih graded by Darussalam.

So every Good deed we do it’s consequence leads to happiness or ease in any other Human’s life or on ourself.

But the Deed of Fasting in only for Allāh ﷻ 🙂

And he knows best how Grand is his Mercy.

and Fasting in only Deed that we do only for Allāh ﷻ

Salam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Ahsan

Moderator March 1, 2021 at 4:57 am

Your question is because of confusion that every prophet brought different religion. This was not the case. Every prophet came with same message. Quran tells us that people changed the religion therefore you see differences in practices today (Refer ot verse 2:213 and 10:19).
    Kindly refer to this thread to understand essence of religion
    Discussion 1623

Also watch video in the thread to understand why there are similarities and differences in religion
    Discussion 40677 • Reply 42560

Kindly refer to following video from 1:10:27 and onwards. This video is for prayers but same principle can be applied for fasting too.
    https://youtu.be/rdPgpS5YNUk?t=4230

• Ahsan

Moderator March 1, 2021 at 4:58 am

Also watch this video on youtube uploaded by some 1 about similarity in prayer

• Ahsan

Moderator March 1, 2021 at 5:00 am

Also watch this video for Kiblah question
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efQseGgVWc8

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register