Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Hadith About Giving Riba

Tagged: ,

• Hadith About Giving Riba

Posted by Hasham Choudhary on March 5, 2021 at 5:26 am

Aslaam o alikum!

I have head detailed discussion of Ghamidi sahib on Sood. I know his point of view that no where in ahadees giving Sood is prohibited as taking Sood is … I have listened to his explanation of “Sood khilanay wala” in the famous hadith on Sood too.

I came across this hadith in Sahih Muslim (attached) where prophet Muhammad PBUH has forbidden a sahabi that you have paid more and this is Sood … Please see the attached hadith.

Can you please explain this. I’ll be grateful. Regards!

Hasham Choudhary

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Hadith About Giving Riba

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 5, 2021 at 9:51 am

Please share a proper reference to the hadith from sites like sunnah.com.

• Hasham Choudhary

Member March 5, 2021 at 1:52 pm

Faisal ! I have quoted from Sahih Muslim. Do I need to go on a specific site ? (I am not great with technology)

I can share the Arabic text too. I am sharing 2 hadiths from sahih Muslim with same wording in this context. Please see and kindly explain as this is confusing me.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 6, 2021 at 5:57 pm

I still could not find this narration in Sahih Muslim. I’m not sure what numbering scheme your app uses (there are several). I suggested sunnah.com because they are a reliable resource. Just because we see a narration somewhere doesn’t mean that it’s actually there in the referenced book. I did however find a narration that might be referring to this narration, and evidently the use of word riba is by a mistake of the narrator. Please see:

https://sunnah.com/muslim:1540c

The key point is that the Quran has forbidden unjustly devouring other people’s wealth and consuming riba is exactly that. It’s inconceivable that prophet Muhammad SAW would forbid anything without any basis in the Quran or the sunnah.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 5, 2021 at 10:34 am

اس حدیث کو مسلم ہی کی اس دوسری حدیث کی روشنی میں دیکھیں:

الورق بالذھب ربًا إلا ھاء وھاء، والبر بالبر ربًا إلا ھاء وھاء، والشعیر بالشعیر ربًا إلا ھاء وھاء والتمر بالتمر ربًا إلا ھاء وھاء. (مسلم، رقم ۴۰۵۹)

’’سونے کے بدلے میں چاندی ادھار بیچوگے تو اُس میں سود آ جائے گا۔ گندم کے بدلے میں دوسری قسم کی گندم ، جو کے بدلے میں دوسری قسم کے جو اور کھجور کے بدلے میں دوسری قسم کی کھجور میں بھی یہی صورت ہو گی۔ ہاں، البتہ یہ معاملہ نقدا نقد ہو تو کوئی حرج نہیں۔‘‘

• Hasham Choudhary

Member March 5, 2021 at 10:47 am

Irfan Shahzad … Thanks for the reply. But this doesn’t answer the question. The question is here prophet has said that paying extra is prohibited as well as taking extra is !

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 5, 2021 at 11:01 am

As explained by Ghamdi Sahib, this confusion is created by misreporting by the narrators. you may read his essay on Sood ka Maslah in his book Maqamaat.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register