Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Timeline Of Hazrat Hud And Hazrat Saleh

Tagged: ,

• Timeline Of Hazrat Hud And Hazrat Saleh

Posted by Ahsan on March 6, 2021 at 12:49 am

How it was concluded that hazrat Hud and Hazrat Saleh came before Hazrat Ibrahim. I am unable to find any Quranic reference to it.

umer Khan replied 3 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Timeline Of Hazrat Hud And Hazrat Saleh

umer Khan updated 3 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 8, 2021 at 12:15 am

Although Quran needs not to tell the chronology of the events, yet we find clear indications to reach the conclusion that the people of Saleh and Hud came before Abraham. Sura Hud states the events of the prophets in chronological order, starting with Noah, then ‘Ad the people of Hud, then Thamud, the poople of Saleh, then comes Abraham and Lot and them the people of Shaoib. this order is confirmed the statement of Shoaib. He mentions the nations in chronological order, the same adopted by the Surah.

وَيَا قَوْمِ لَا يَجْرِمَنَّكُمْ شِقَاقِي أَن يُصِيبَكُم مِّثْلُ مَا أَصَابَ قَوْمَ نُوحٍ أَوْ قَوْمَ هُودٍ أَوْ قَوْمَ صَالِحٍ ۚ وَمَا قَوْمُ لُوطٍ مِّنكُم بِبَعِيدٍ

And O my people, let not [your] dissension from me cause you to be struck by that similar to what struck the people of Noah or the people of Hud or the people of Salih. And the people of Lot are not from you far away. (11:89)

• Ahsan

Moderator March 8, 2021 at 4:36 am

Thank you very much for the response

• Ahsan

Moderator March 11, 2021 at 11:31 am

I have followup question in this regard. How we know that this verse give choronological order?

I got confused because in verse 4:163 the prophets name donot follow any pattern which I can comprehend.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 21, 2021 at 8:34 am

The context determines it is chronological when he says mentions people of Lot in the end who are not very far away.

Ahmad, their ruins still exists. and the knowledge they had about them came from oral tradition which is evident in their literature survived.

• Ahsan

Moderator March 21, 2021 at 9:39 am

Thanks for clarification

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 21, 2021 at 9:50 am

Mostly people refer to ‘madain saleh’ here is an article: https://www.sacredfootsteps.org/2019/11/08/were-petra-and-madain-salih-built-by-the-people-of-thamud/ .

Is it possible for the ruins to have been there in the 7th century but destroyed after that? I guess so. Because as far as the west is concerned ‘iram of the pillars’ is just a lost city. Some may see it akin to a mythological reference

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 11, 2021 at 4:00 pm

Also if these tribes were pre abrahamic how did the quraysh know their history so well and how did they walk in the ruins of their city? Ruins couldn’t have survived 4000 years especially those destroyed by God himself

• umer Khan

Member March 21, 2021 at 12:04 pm

Question is still there…

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register