Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Women Cutting Men's Hair

Tagged: , , ,

• Women Cutting Men's Hair

Posted by Kahkashan Mahmood on March 6, 2021 at 7:03 pm

I m a hairstylist and do men and women haircuts but one of mufti sahib said women not allow to do men haircuts so either change ur profession or stop cutting men haircuts. I just need to know about this issue.

Thanks

Umer replied 3 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Women Cutting Men's Hair

Umer updated 3 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 8, 2021 at 12:03 am

Allah has prescribed criteria to let us decide what is forbidden and what is allowed in Islam in the matters of morality. Here it goes:

إِنَّمَا حَرَّمَ رَبِّيَ الْفَوَاحِشَ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَمَا بَطَنَ وَالْإِثْمَ وَالْبَغْيَ بِغَيْرِ الْحَقِّ وَأَن تُشْرِكُوا بِاللَّـهِ مَا لَمْ يُنَزِّلْ بِهِ سُلْطَانًا وَأَن تَقُولُوا عَلَى اللَّـهِ مَا لَا تَعْلَمُونَ

Say, “My Lord has only forbidden immoralities – what is apparent of them and what is concealed – and sin, and oppression without right, and that you associate with Allah that for which He has not sent down authority, and that you say about Allah that which you do not know.” (7:33)

Now it is the person involved to decide something is moral or not on the basis of the morally acceptable notions, custom and culture he or she is living in.

• Umer

Moderator April 8, 2021 at 4:40 pm

Response by Hassan ilyas Sahab:

The discussion "Women Cutting Men's Hair" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now