Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Sikhism

• Sikhism

Ahsan updated 3 years ago 2 Members · 11 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator March 12, 2021 at 9:33 am

I never studied sikhism, do they claim to be a revealed religion? Whats their concept of God?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 12, 2021 at 9:34 am

Yes as far as I know they say it is divinely inspired.

Their concept of God seems to be kn the surface monotheistic but as I read deeper pantheism is creeping in.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 12, 2021 at 4:32 pm

Here is a video about this: https://youtu.be/QEexo9LhSIM

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 12, 2021 at 9:36 am

I made dua to Allah to guide me to the straight path. And soon after I found this website:

http://www.islamsikhism.com

• Ahsan

Moderator March 12, 2021 at 9:41 am

Thanks. I will chk the link

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 12, 2021 at 4:23 pm

https://youtu.be/mAY8raYw2_I.Perhaps Ghamidi sahab would like to comment on this video since I don’t think he has before

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 8:54 am

It’s very confusing. So far from what I’ve read of the GGS it seems that God is one and monotheistic. Any claims of said pantheism seem to be metaphorical and that makes sense. However the Dasam Granth is said to be written by Guru Gobind Singh which has clear ideas of pantheism. Furthermore it has clear plagiarism from the bible.

Could someone help me through this? I don’t get why Sikhism would be rejected if it seems true?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 8:55 am

For the reasons I stated above that is why some Sikhs actually reject the dasam Granth also

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 9:47 am
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 13, 2021 at 9:52 am

hau mY krI qW qU nwhI qU hovih hau nwih ] (1092-19, mwrU, mÚ 1)

ha-o mai karee taaN too naahee too hoveh ha-o naahi.

When one acts in egotism, then You are not there, Lord. Wherever You are, there is no ego.

pMnw 1093

bUJhu igAwnI bUJxw eyh AkQ kQw mn mwih ] (1093-1, mwrU, mÚ 1) boojhhu gi-aanee boojh-naa ayh akath kathaa man maahi.

O spiritual teachers, understand this: the Unspoken Speech is in the mind.

ibnu gur qqu n pweIAY AlKu vsY sB mwih ] (1093-1, mwrU, mÚ 1)

bin gur tat na paa-ee-ai alakh vasai sabh maahi.

Without the Guru, the essence of reality is not found; the Invisible Lord dwells everywhere.

siqguru imlY q jwxIAY jW sbdu vsY mn mwih ] (1093-2, mwrU, mÚ 1)

satgur milai ta jaanee-ai jaaN sabad vasai man maahi.

One meets the True Guru, and then the Lord is known, when the Word of the Shabad comes to dwell in the mind.

This seems to lead to pantheism and a contradiction. If God is everywhere then how can he not be where there is ego because where there is ego is a part of ‘everywhere’. Furthermore this would imply أعوذ بالله من الشيىطان الرجيم God swells inside of a murderer. And this would mean that he is evil. So if he is أعوذ بالله من الشيىطان الرجيم evil then how do we love good so much?

• Ahsan

Moderator March 13, 2021 at 10:46 am

I went through some of the links. Yes as you said they seem to promote wahdat ul wajood concept.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register