Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Iron Ring Permissible For Men

Tagged: ,

• Is Iron Ring Permissible For Men

Abdullah Ziyad updated 3 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 10 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator March 12, 2021 at 3:05 pm

Kindly look into following link

http://www.al-mawrid.org/index.php/questions/view/stone-rings

Watch following video for understanding pricniples. In short, If you overspent or show pride in it then it will be haram

• Umer

Moderator March 12, 2021 at 11:37 pm

There is no harm in wearing an iron ring, with or without stone, as long as the said wearing is not based on some superstitious polytheistic beliefs or other ethical issues surrounding it, as explained in the above videos shared by Ahsan Sahab.

For further comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the following link from 46:14 to 51:18

ilm-o-Hikmat 13-05-2018

• Abdullah Ziyad

Member March 13, 2021 at 8:33 am

what about the narrations in which Prophet SAW saw a man wearing iron and told him not to wear it but to wear silver

• Ahsan

Moderator March 13, 2021 at 10:43 am

Can share the the reference?

• Abdullah Ziyad

Member March 13, 2021 at 10:46 am

was narrated from ‘Abd-Allah ibn Buraydah from his father (may Allah be pleased with them both) that a man came to the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and he was wearing a ring of gold. He said: “Why do I detect the stench of idols on you?” So he threw it away. Then he came and he was wearing a ring of iron, and he said: “Why do I see you wearing the jewellery of the people of Hell?” So he threw it away. He said: O Messenger of Allah, of what should I wear (a ring)? He said: “Wear (a ring) of silver, but no more than a mithqal (a measure of weight).” Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi and al-Nasai

• Ahsan

Moderator March 13, 2021 at 10:55 am

Sheikh Albani has classified this hadith as daif based on missing links in isnad. Also, Check this hadith which says prophet saw had a ring made of iron and silver.
    https://sunnah.com/nasai:5205

For principles of understanding hadith chk following thread
    Discussion 1042

• Abdullah Ziyad

Member March 13, 2021 at 10:59 am

JazakAllah my brother

• Abdullah Ziyad

Member March 14, 2021 at 10:00 am

My dear brother I came accross another Hadis and I think it was probably classed Sahih by Albani .It had minor changes in wordings.It was about iron or copper ring I do not remember exactly.Can you please help.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 14, 2021 at 10:36 am

Without knowing the exact reference nothing can be said conclusively.

In principle, please understand that ahadith are reported on the basis of a given situation, and a majority of the times the entire context is not narrated. A narration also has room for error on part of the narrator. Even if a narration is considered sahaih by one muhaddith, another may not accept it due to such errors. In order to ascertain the permissibility or impermissibility of anything, we need to find the underlying principle in the Quran and the sunnah. Whatever ahadith relate, are simply applications of those principles. Ahadith within themselves do not make anything haram or halal.

For details about understanding ahadith, please refer to:

Discussion 1042

• Abdullah Ziyad

Member March 14, 2021 at 11:44 am

Thankyou so much my dear brother

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register