Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Ibrahim عليه السلام Asking For A Miracle

• Ibrahim عليه السلام Asking For A Miracle

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on March 13, 2021 at 2:10 pm

If ibrahim عليه السلام had already believed as he said he did why did he still ask for the miracle? Why would his heart be in some discomfort if he didn’t know? I don’t know but I trust that God will have his way and am not uncomfortable.

Fatimah replied 3 years ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Ibrahim عليه السلام Asking For A Miracle

Fatimah updated 3 years ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator April 23, 2021 at 4:14 pm

Kindly watch this video from 15:04 to 16:45. You may find this discussion helpful
    https://youtu.be/6tZYLtAIhGA?t=904

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor April 23, 2021 at 8:01 pm

Can you explain another analogy of how we can believe in something but not have satisfaction if the heart?

Maybe like in an exam I believe I got good but and my teacher says I got good but I only have the satisfaction of my heart when I actually see the paper?

Is the itmenaan e qalb a satisfaction if logic? Because shouldn’t emaan be based upon logic anyway?

• Ahsan

Moderator April 24, 2021 at 1:00 am

Your question is out of my league 😃

@UmerQureshi @faisalharoon Can you help out here?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 24, 2021 at 1:25 am

Belief is based on inference and that is according to God’s scheme at work in this universe. Without this intricacy, a test would not be possible.

Direct experience is more satisfactory to humans, even though it’s not necessarily any better. We may experience water in a desert, but it might turn out to be just a mirage. Similarly, we look at stars above us every night, however, many of them don’t even exist anymore. Still, it’s in our nature to gain more satisfaction from empirical evidence.

For a prophet, who is being given a huge responsibility, it should be no surprise if he asks for a direct experience, even after he has fully believed. And it should be no surprise God granting him his wish because he’s a chosen person whom God has already tested (Quran verse 2:124).

• Fatimah

Member April 25, 2021 at 1:34 pm

Also Ibrahim (A.S) didn’t demand for miracle to accept the religion. It was his wish. Just as Hazrat moosa (A.S) always wished to have a glimpse of Allah. It doesn’t mean that they have weaker belief or they’re not fully satisfied which he himself(Hazrat Ibrahim As clarified it in response to the question asked by Allah) . Demanding for miracle to accept the religion has always been a way of munkireen so we should not mix this. I understand it this way, Allah knows better.

Regards

• Fatimah

Member April 25, 2021 at 2:24 pm

Oh and I don’t have a reference to the statement I said about Hazrat Moosa(a.s) it’s just something that we have been learning since childhood. But if it’s not true then please correct me.

JazakAllah

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 25, 2021 at 2:30 pm

Fatima you were probably referring to the Quran verse 7:143.

• Fatimah

Member April 25, 2021 at 6:25 pm

Got it. JazakAllah.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register