Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Technological Advances In Brain Simulation

Tagged: 

• Technological Advances In Brain Simulation

Posted by Muhammad Qasim on March 13, 2021 at 7:20 pm

Is reading mind and telepathy allowed in Islam.

Human psychology must be present years ago but today with the use of artificial intelligence the mind reading and telepathy which is the mind to mind communication or transfer of thoughts to others mind is it allowed in Islam. And if the telepathy becomes comman will it start impacting humanity as we call it today.

Altamash Ali replied 3 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Technological Advances In Brain Simulation

Altamash Ali updated 3 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator March 14, 2021 at 3:12 am

About mind reading, Famous mentalist Asi wind told mind reading is just a trick there is no such thing.
    There is no scientific evidence for telepathy that I am aware of. I will appreaciate if you can share.
    By evidence, I mean scientific journals not some blog written by psuedo scientist.

• Muhammad Qasim

Member March 14, 2021 at 6:47 pm

I would call mind reading a technique rather than calling it a trick…

and as of telepathy what i understood is that it is the transferring of thoughts from one mind to another… and if you agree on one thing that artificial intelligence plays an important role in our lives today ….

you must agree that that human brain do have the electric waves thru which the neurons travel or transmits to other neurons and forms a thought in mind…

Now we know that connecting a human brain with a computer or technology or artificial intelligence by whatever means or however it connects- that is possible- even if you cant trace it thats the reality.

Connecting several human brains with 1 system or technology or 1 computer as we would like call it and than the transmission or waves or communication thru electric signals from mind to mind wpuld be possible- unknowingly and knowingly both ways.

connecting several human brains thru one system or computer in this technological era and than synchronising the brains thru that technology or artificial intelligence or an unknown part of that technology which is not yet unfolded to the people, is possible- and one of realistic approaches and yet evident is the nuera link – you might have tried to understand that. I tried its complexed yet realistic.

So synchronising brains with brain machine or artificial intelligence and the allowing human brains to transmit signals within that circle of brains is very much possible- and real… but obviously finding an evidence is as hard as proving that earth is not flat but round…. you have to go out of this system…. which i am unable to do so.

Thanks.

• Ahsan

Moderator March 15, 2021 at 12:31 pm

Trick was not my word but Asi wind who do mind reading for living.

About going out of system to find earth round. Greek philosphers even measured circimference without into space.
    Stanford research institute carried out series of experiments on telepathy including famous faradays cage experiment. However, no evidence was found.
    AI or controlling organs with current is totally different case then telepathy.
    What you suggested might be possible but this equipment will be monitored by authorites with some code of conduct. N
    I can say one thing though, any technology which will casue immorality it will be considered wrong.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 15, 2021 at 7:26 pm

Muhammad Qasim, most of what you have stated above is still science fiction. I’m not suggesting that it will never be possible, however, at present we’re very far from it.

Currently we still have very little knowledge about how the brain really functions and what consciousness really is, let alone being able to upload consciousness to other machines and humans.

The sheer power and speed of a human brain with 86 billion neurons and 100 trillion synapses is vastly more than what the most powerful computers thus far can process. Also with current technology, simply scanning a human brain for connectivity amongst all neurons can take much longer than the lifespan of the subject.

As technology improves we might be able to get there (in a few decades if not centuries), however whether a machine brain will be able to function as a conscious human brain is anybody’s guess at this time. Even scientists who are hopeful, are so purely on the basis of speculation since currently there’s no hard data to prove it.

As for your question, Islam’s domain is mainly morality. It doesn’t stop us from doing scientific research, however, depending upon the applications of our findings it might raise objections in certain areas. Mentalism techniques like mind reading and telepathy are centuries old but still have not become a science. Personally, I know that such things might be possible, however, Islam has no objections on their existence. It’s their immoral use that Islam objects.

• Muhammad Qasim

Member March 15, 2021 at 7:33 pm

So you deny the fact that human head is locked and the technology or AI or whatever can control the human organs? You deny the role of states? And you think were still far from what i have stated? You deny that in order stay loyal to a certain force or call it ita loyalty with state or country you have to keep your mouth shut? You can just not comment if you’d like to avoid answering this.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 15, 2021 at 8:01 pm

Where did you read about I accepting or denying anything? I have only shared the present technological landscape and challenges with you, as well as where Islam will step in.

• Muhammad Qasim

Member March 15, 2021 at 8:13 pm

You said its science fiction and we’re far away from that technology?

Have you seen the elon musks nura link? Where he explain how a chip can be connected to a brain to feed the human brain? Making an exact same thing as human brain does not seeem to be possible… but underatnding the brain activity and once you understand something means you can surely control that thing let it be human brain or anything else…

The concept of nuranlink was showed in a movie a sci-fi years ago. And todays its being told to the educated and well aware lot of the world to make them understand the reality.

But just asking for the sake of my curiosity do you deny the fact of locked heads , dont you think that AI has control over the human organ and that human itself looks after many things around him her to manage it…

And the role of states in todays world to keep al this as secret and to be loyal with the i don’t know what?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 15, 2021 at 9:32 pm

So far Nuralink is about reading brain activity – it hardly has any results that you have concluded above. The only innovation in Nuralink is that it’s a wireless device and it’s much smaller than electrodes traditionally used for decades to perform the same function. Even this was demonstrated on pigs which have much simpler brains than humans.

I suggest that you actually read some academic material on the subject to understand where we stand on this subject. Please keep in mind that there’s a stark difference between real science (what scientists do) and popular science (what PR persons do). In my previous response I have shared with you what I know so far is current in the academia.

I’m not sure what locked heads mean. And I couldn’t comprehend whatever you asked afterwards possibly due to spelling / grammatical errors.

• Altamash Ali

Member March 16, 2021 at 2:54 am

Watch this conversation 🙂

https://youtu.be/aUm0o0Cu5qg

and Try to learn More about AI and Chinese Thought Experiment

https://youtu.be/D0MD4sRHj1M

Salam.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register