Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Animal Not Slaughtered In The Name Of Allah?

• Animal Not Slaughtered In The Name Of Allah?

Posted by Salman Khalil on March 17, 2021 at 9:48 pm

Assalamu alaikum,

Sir Ghamidi, I hope that you will be in good health.

I have a question to ask,

I have recently moved to South Korea, all of the edible food here(excluding, pork and wine) is not prepared the way we are used too in Pakistan, as Zibah of Chicken and cow etc, I am a researcher here so I have to stay dawn till dusk at my lab. Mostly, it feels like I am on hunger strike.

if you can please guide me in this matter, if I can eat chicken etc or if there is some other way?

thank you very much

live long

Salman Khalil replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Animal Not Slaughtered In The Name Of Allah?

Salman Khalil updated 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 19, 2021 at 10:11 am

There are two things to consider when we talk about halal meat: tazkiya (draining of blood at the time of slaughtering) and tasmiya (reciting Allah’s name at the time of slaughtering). In Ghamidi sahab’s view both are absolute requirements. Whether the meat is cut by hand or machine is not relevant. However, in Imam Shafi’s view, while tazkiya is still a requirement, tasmiya is a sunnah that if one doesn’t perform, the meat is still halal.

I’m not sure if in your country whether the tazkiya condition is met or not. As far as tasmiya, please research and accept the opinion that you find more credible on the basis of provided arguments. For reference, please watch the following video from 1:05:03 to 1:14:07 where Ghamidi sahab discusses this difference:

• Salman Khalil

Member March 22, 2021 at 3:22 am

Thank you so much. I am about to watch it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register