Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions God Judging According To His Knowledge

• God Judging According To His Knowledge

Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator March 18, 2021 at 4:56 am

Punishing a person who didnt commit any crime will be unjustice. I think that is the point.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 18, 2021 at 8:34 am

The point is the attitude no? Someone can commit a crime but have had good intentions. God created us and he wants to judge us. So why put us through the test when he already knows the result. He’s not some teacher who didn’t give the chance to a student where there are 10000s of variables. He is God he knows.

Also in surah mulk ayah 1 Allah says ليبلوكم. Why does he need to test us? Why did he have to create us? He already knows so what’s the reason?

• Haris Virk

Moderator March 18, 2021 at 9:43 am

Assalam-u-Alaikum!

As I understand this, the approach has to be slightly inverted. I mean you are absolutely right in arguing that God knew the results and therefore didn’t have the need to test us for this long a time. However, let us, for a moment, think from our own perspective. Would we consider it fair to have been punished or rewarded for a test which we actually never took? Just because He knew doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have been given our fair chance to prove ourselves. It is God’s mercy and fairness that He didn’t decide our eternal fate on the basis of His own knowledge. Rather, He gave each of us complete freedom and opportunity to earn it by our own real and tangible actions.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 18, 2021 at 9:45 am

Again this seems to be underestimating what God’s knowledge is. It is not even fair to say that if he judged us by his knowledge it would be ‘as though we did the test’. His knowledge is so perfect that it makes no different whether we tangibly did the test or not.

I feel perhaps the most we can say is that this is a sunnah of God and we don’t know why he chose to do it exactly

• Ahsan

Moderator March 18, 2021 at 8:48 am

These question have been already shared by Umer sb here.
    Discussion 37854

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 18, 2021 at 8:49 am

Yes I’m responding to the specific answer shared by him that I linked above

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register