Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Impure Thoughts / Waswase During Salat

Tagged: 

• Impure Thoughts / Waswase During Salat

Posted by Zaid Khan on March 19, 2021 at 3:37 pm

someone please help me. i get really really unreasonable and negative thoughts all the time. I’ll be standing in salah and literally feels like something in my mind brings up unimaginable things like Qiyammah doesn’t exist it’s all a lie etc. I’ll be reading a hadith and something external inside me will tell me i don’t love the prophet SAWW or that he SAWW was a bad human being. I’m a practicing muslim these thoughts really bother me and make me sick to my gut, almost feels like they are being whispered inside my mind. someone please tell me what to do… jazak’Allah please make dua for me too I’m really stressed about this

Deleted replied 3 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Impure Thoughts / Waswase During Salat

Deleted updated 3 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator March 19, 2021 at 6:17 pm
    • Zaid Khan

Member March 19, 2021 at 6:40 pm

thank you. this helped but i don’t really know how to stop these waswasa now, because they aren’t even questions that can’t be answered, they are very negative statements that seem like being whispered into me, how do stop them? than you

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 19, 2021 at 10:19 pm

It is very normal to have such thoughts. From personal experience, when it happens switch your focus to God, glorify Him, ask for His protection from all evil, and make a firm decision in your own mind to defeat evil whether it’s from within or without. When it happens again – which could be just a few seconds later – repeat the same. Even when it gets to the point of tiring you out, don’t give in. Surah Al-Nas and Surah Al-Falak are great supplications that you can recite while contemplating on the meaning. You can also learn some simple meditation practices to help you build concentration. Finally, before salat, take a moment to consciously think that you’re about to stand in front of your Lord. That is what niyat is supposed to be to begin with. During salat focus on what you’re reciting with meaning in mind and be aware that you’re in the presence of God.

In a narration attributed to Prophet Muhammad SAW it is recommended that during salat if you get such thoughts to seek refuge with God and spit dryly to your left three times. Please see:

https://sunnah.com/muslim:2203a

Once again, it’s normal to have such thoughts, but rest assured they can be controlled with resolve and practice.

• Deleted

Member March 21, 2021 at 11:00 pm

It seems like you might be having OCD(obsessive compulsive disorder). It is characterized by unreasonable distressing intrusive thoughts and or repetitive compulsive physical or mental behavior. Please ignore these whispers. Do not try to block them or analyze them. Let them pass by and don’t react to them. The more you dwell into these thoughts & more you try to figure them out it will get worse. Seek spiritual comfort & peace from prayer, reciting Quran/surah’s however if it is causing significant distress in your daily life affecting your work/social life then please seek medical help as well. May Allah swt make it easy for you!!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register