Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم Teaching The Prayer

• Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم Teaching The Prayer

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on March 21, 2021 at 5:27 pm

If Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was supposed to teach the salah and correct bidahs where does it say that in the Quran? His job was to communicate the message and the message is in the Quran so where does it say he was supposed to correct the salah or teach it? Even him saying to recite the fatiha- shouldn’t it be proven from the Quran?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 3 years ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم Teaching The Prayer

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 3 years ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 22, 2021 at 5:51 am

Sunnah is prior to Quran, so to find its legitimacy from Quran is wrong.

Quran mentions that Quraysh had added whistling and clapping to prayer, they took off their cloth during Hajj. The prophet corrected it and revived the old sunnah and transmitted to us the way he transmitted Quran. Quran mentions Sunnah as already established practice, like Salah, Zakah, Hajj etc, that is why it needs not to give detail about them. It is in practice.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 22, 2021 at 2:10 pm

In surah jumah Allah says:

هو الذي بعث في الأميين رسولا منهم يتلو عليهم آياته ويزكيهم ويعلمهم الكتاب والحكمة

The question is that Ghamidi sahab in Mizan (in ‘The True Religion’) says that كتاب refers to ‘the law’. I understand that كتب عليكم الصيام could lead to this meaning but what is the evidence that the translation of the و here isn’t عطف بيان.

So why is it : he recites upon them HIS ayaat and purifies them and teaches them the book and the wisdom.

Why not : he recites upon them HIS ayaat, purifying them and teaching them the book and the wisdom.

Changing the sunnah means we have to establish that the prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم taught something other than what was mentioned in the Quran.

Even if we concede the salah was coming before in bani Ismael, they did not recite the fatiha or a surah from the Quran.

The Quran, in surah Mudathir says فاقرئوه ما تيسر منه. Where in the Quran does it say that ‘oh Prophet tell them to recite the fatiha from now on’?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 22, 2021 at 5:00 pm

Please listen to old Meezan lectures for very detailed explanation of law and wisdom.

We don’t have to concede that salat was a practice even before Prophet Muhammad SAW – we have clear evidence in this regard. Please search Ask Ghamidi for related discussions.

Quran didn’t need to ask Prophet SAW to command people to recite surah Fatiha. Prophet SAW showed people how to do it and the evidence of this is in the ijma and tawatur.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 22, 2021 at 5:12 pm

I have watched them.

I have a question about Ghamidi sahab saying that we don’t find Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم very often teaching the Quran as a tafsir in history. This is his footnote on surah nahl ayah 44:

I.e., this reminder has been revealed to him that he may faithfully deliver it to people and they reflect on it so that in its light they are able to understand the realities which God wants to make them understand. The words لِتُبَيِّنَ لِلنَّاسِ occur in the verse. The word تُبَيِّنَ here is in precisely the same meaning as the word عَلَّمَ in verse 2 of Surah al-Rahman: عَلَّمَ الْقُرْآنَ. It does not mean “explanation and elucidation,” just as in Surah al-Rahman the word عَلَّمَ does not mean to teach and instruct in a detailed way.

So the ayah in surah jumah that says يعلمهم الكتاب والحكمة- why couldn’t يعلم here be taken as the same meaning of علم in surah Rahman?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 26, 2021 at 7:46 pm

Yunus – 10:37

Arabic

وَمَا كَانَ هَٰذَا ٱلۡقُرۡءَانُ أَن يُفۡتَرَىٰ مِن دُونِ ٱللَّهِ وَلَٰكِن تَصۡدِيقَ ٱلَّذِى بَيۡنَ يَدَيۡهِ وَتَفۡصِيلَ ٱلۡكِتَٰبِ لَا رَيۡبَ فِيهِ مِن رَّبِّ ٱلۡعَٰلَمِينَ

Here the Quran is an explanation of the kitaab. But the Quran does not outline how to pray etc so how is it an explanation of it?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 27, 2021 at 1:18 am

Law is not Sunnah.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 27, 2021 at 9:07 am

So where does the Quran say or refer to any sunnah? Is it اتبع ملة ابراهيم?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 27, 2021 at 7:30 am

[24:54] Say, “Obey GOD, and obey the messenger.” If they refuse, then he is responsible for his obligations, and you are responsible for your obligations. If you obey him, you will be guided. The sole duty of the messenger is to deliver (the message).

[46:9] Say, “I am not different from other messengers. I have no idea what will happen to me or to you. I only follow what is revealed to me. I am no more than a profound warner.”

[62:2] He is the One who sent to the gentiles a messenger from among them, to recite to them His revelations, purify them, and teach them the scripture and wisdom. Before this, they had gone far astray.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 9, 2021 at 1:13 am

yes. and it was obvious too.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register