Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Muhammad- Seal Of The Prophets

• Muhammad- Seal Of The Prophets

Posted by Sana Fatima on March 24, 2021 at 5:02 am

The Jews were required by Exodus 31:16-17 to keep the Sabbath as an eternal covenant: “Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual Covenant. It is a sign between me and the Children of Israel for ever.”

Both Jesus and Muhammad broke the Sabbath. Does it mean that they were wrong?

Jesus has been referred to in Revelation i:11, as Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last. Likewise He said in Luke 21:33 “Heaven and earth shall pass away: but My words shall not Pass away”. If Jesus was to be the Last, why did Muhammad appear after Him? If the words of Jesus were not to be changed why did Muhammad reveal the Qur’án?

The Qur’án teaches that God’s Revelation is endless; its source is inexhaustible:

“Should the sea become ink, to write the words of my Lord, the sea would surely fail ere the words of my Lord would fail, though we brought its like in aid. (Kahf -18:109)

“If all the trees that are upon the earth were to become pens, and if God should after that swell the sea into seven seas of ink, His words would not be exhausted for God is Mighty, Wise. “(Luqman-31: 26)

Another interesting point we find in the Qur’án is the setting forth of a universal principle governing the appearance of the Messengers of God. This principle which has no exceptions and therefore does not exclude Islam, provides that any people who receive the Messenger of God are given a fixed term or appointed time. At such an appointed time, a Divine Book is revealed by God though His Messenger, which seals the past term and starts the new one.

Here are the verses:

“Every people hath its set term. And when their time is come, they shall not retard it an hour; and they shall not advance it.” (Ar’raf-7:33)

“To each term its Book. What He pleaseth will God abrogate or confirm: for with Him is the Source of Revelation.” (Ra’d-13:38)

Neither too soon, nor to Late, shall a people reach its appointed time.” (Mu’minun-23:43)

*excerpts from bahai library to prove that Muhammad was not the Seal of the rasools but Seal of the nabis. I am someone who is not very well versed in Quran so I don’t understand the context of the verses used by Bahais to justify their case? I am sure similar verses are used by Ahmadis to make their claim but I just want to know the truth?? How to counter these arguments with the support of evidences from Quran and from the same verses they use in their favor. I am not against any religion. Just in the process of gaining knowledge!!*

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Muhammad- Seal Of The Prophets

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator March 24, 2021 at 9:11 am

Kindly ask one question per thread.

For your Sabbath question refter to this thread Discussion 34926

In short, Actually it was friday.

Jesus (AS) told about forth coming of a prophet (Called advocate in translated version) in John 15:26. For mentioning of Hazrat Mohammad (Saw) name in bible, refer to Umer sb responses in following thread for details
    Discussion 37488

For finality of Prophethood, refer to following thread. In short, any unclear verse when taken out of context can be twisted to fit any meaning. There is clear verse and ahadith about finality so there shouldnt be any doubt about it.
    Discussion 4625

Again reminding to ask one question per thread.

• ودود

Member March 24, 2021 at 9:15 am

Suggest create a separate discussion for each questions. Too many questions will make the discussion unmanageable here.

• Sana Fatima

Member March 24, 2021 at 9:29 am

It was one question. Why do Bahai’s give reference to so many verses from Quran about their prophet? Just need a clarification on this matter because I m not an expert on Quran so I don’t the context of the verses.

• Ahsan

Moderator March 24, 2021 at 12:04 pm

None of the verse you mentioned talk about continuation of prophethood.There is nothing to clarify over there.
      If you need more information, I will suggest you read albayan for corresponding verse. hope it will solve the issue.

Secondly there is clear Quranic verse 33:40 which clearly talks about finality. Refer to the thread I mentioned above for finality of prophethood, it will clarify your confusion.

Bhai faith has emerged from shiism which has concept of imamat. Thats why they already have concpt of divine intervention. But Quran o Sunnah are clear about finality of prophethood.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 24, 2021 at 4:38 pm

Please watch the following lectures where the whole rationale, the need and the purpose of prophethood has been explained in the light of the Quran, along with why it came to an end with the prophethood of Prophet Muhammad SAW.

Discussion 4625 • Reply 4628

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register